Sunday 29 August 2010

Watch out!

Well this week has been nice-ish, half busy half not. Monday I took the boys out in the car on my own for the first time and we met up with their dad, at the park on his lunch hour, after shopping. Then it started to rain so we carried on with our journey to Lidl and then went home!
Tuesday I kept myself busy all morning cleaning and tidying because a member of my family was coming and when she phoned I went to pick her up. What was hilarious but also really annoying, is she's not used to being in cars and was worried about me driving! Every corner I turned into, she screamed and put her hands to her face because there was a padestrian ON THE PAVEMENT waiting to cross! Her comments were "I'd much rather get a taxi than have you put you and your kids in danger driving around these busy roads" ... my reply was "if you get in a taxi around here, you are pleading for your death, they are the most horrendous drivers around"... lol. It was lovely to see her though! Wednesday I had plans to go to the meetup and then to go to another event that was planned as a meetup, but my car became offroad Tues night so I couldn't drive it, we went to the early meetup and then headed home. Then my wonderful partner, managed to get the part I needed by going all the way to bishops waltham at 9pm, he broke down on the way back, so didn't get home until 11, then was amazing by fixing the car so I could drive it Thursday. We didn't go to bed until 1am!
Thursday I went to the meetup and my good friend Lucy came with her daughter and my good friend Nicola with her little girl. Lucy didn't get there until 11am, bless her, she was exhausted, you would think she had walked the whole way! lol. Anyway so we all went for lunch next door, then Lucy and I crammed us all into my car, it was very funny, we needed a cuppa tea, just getting 3 kids and 2 pushchairs into it! It wouldn't have been so bad if hers was a stroller, lol, but it was as big as my double folded up! We got in and headed to town, first thing we done was pumped her pushchair tyres up and went for a cuppa. We then shopped and came back to mine for a cuppa (we love our cuppas!) Then I dropped her off and we went to pick up some clothes for the boys, a lady was lovely and gave them for free!
Friday was boring day at home. Yesterday we went to a carboot and got 2 big bags of boys clothes for a fiver, bargain :) we came home for lunch and got the boys for a nap, then I headed to town on my own kiddy free for the first time ever! lol. So not an exciting week! lol.

Routines, my eldest I was very strict with from newborn he was fed every 4 hours and he didn't fuss about it and fell straight into routine, by 8 weeks he was sleeping the night, perfect baby really until he gained a mind of his own, lol, I still keep him routine to this day or try to as much as possible depending what we are doing, sleep is definitely important because he becomes the terror tofdler, lol. My youngest was different, when he was born they didn't suck all the mucus from his chest out, like they did with my eldest, so he didn't eat properly for a week, didn't cry, scream, just slept, so we attempted to feed him and he kept bringing it all up with some of the mucus. So we attempted to get him into a routine but it was very difficult when he didn't actually feel hungry. Everything else was routined though, nap times, bed times, food times, wake up times, although he didn't sleep the night until 8 months and even now we have the odd weeks where he unsettles, but we leave him to settle himself, at the moment we're getting horrible horrible screams from him, unfortunately attention screams, so we dealing with that now! lol.

Anyway enough of me rambling, got to get breakfast sorted! :) x x x

1 comment:

  1. Very true about the taxis!!! I'm sure you're a great driver lol xx

    ReplyDelete