Saturday 7 August 2010

"Actually, I'm 26!"

We're coming to the end of the misconceptions week, and as I was saying to Liz on Monday, my age is a common misconception too. I get a number of odd looks from (usually older) ladies who think I'm a young mum. I'm just waiting for the one who says something snide about it, and I can turn round and say "actually, I'm 26..." I'm the first to admit that I look young, and I'll be thanking my genes for it when I'm 50. Everyone thinks I look about 20. I think I may be ageing backwards... I swear I used to look older when I was actually 20, than I do now.

So, what have I been doing this week... James' grandparents came to stay on the Saturday, and it was lovely to have them. We went to the Toby Carvery, and they were amazed at how much Freyja eats. She has hollow legs - I'm sure of it. Where else would a bowl full of carvery, a mountain of yorkshire pud and an ice cream go? We were hoping to go to Baffins Pond on the Sunday, but I wasn't feeling to fab, so I just rested up. Friends popped over in the evening, and we had pizza and watched Paranormal Activity. I love that film. Monday/Tuesday consisted of very little really - I did a lot of housework, and Freyja played in the garden, but not much else happened. A friend came over yesterday afternoon to steal some of James' T shirts, which she's converting into girly shirts for me :) And we watched What Happened in Vegas last night.

Freyja has been a moody stroppy demon this week (more than usual because she's teething). Nothing I've done has made it any better for her (or me). Maybe a bit of a change will do her good, so we went for a walk with my mummy friend Stacey and ate cake in the Tenth Hole on Wednesday. I love the Tenth Hole. I could spend hours in there choosing which cake(s) I'd like to devour. And I wonder why I still have a bit of a baby belly...

A friend who I knew from high school back in Stoke-on-Trent, who now lives near Bognor Regis, came to visit with her children on Thursday. It was lovely seeing them and catching up - I'd not seen her for 10 years! We never really spoke much in school, but have been speaking more lately - especially since Freyja came along, because she has a daughter the same age. Her children are wonderfully fab. It was a great morning, consisting of lots of tea, lots of toys being out, and lots of nattering. My ideal morning :)

On Friday, we went for a walk into North End to my friend's house for a brew. That was nice, until being stuck in the rain coming back (for the SECOND time this week). Freyja was being miserable because she was stuck under the rain cover and couldn't see out of it very well, so I stopped at a shop for a milky bar. That evening, I went for a milkshake with a couple of friends, at the American Diner place on Elm Grove in Southsea, then picked up a few DVDs to watch. We watched Shutter Island last night (enjoyed it very much) and we have "Edge of Darkness" and "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" left to watch.

We haven't got much planned for today - got a mountain of washing to get through, so I'm hoping it stays dry outside so that I can hang it all out. We're going for a walk to Baffins Pond as well if the weather holds off. And watching the 2 remaining DVDs we have before I have to take them back tomorrow. Hope they're good :)

Hope all you ladies have a lovely weekend :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment