Sunday 8 August 2010

Feels like summer is over already!

Hello Everyone!
Is it me or is summer over already? I've been really cold lately and I've been going to bed in trousers! It doesn't feel right, lol. For the mums with older children it seems they can be a little more easier to entertain, during the school holidays, now I'm struggling to even think what to do with my toddlers, even struggling for ideas for the netmums meetups as I was going to be doing picnics, buggywalks, etc but the weather has been rubbish. Come back summer! I'm not a fan of the winter, cold rainy days, the windy ones are worse because I tend to get nowhere or get blown away.

Anyway misconception week, Liz used me as an example. At first I used to worry about what people what would think, especially where I used to live, but I moved here and had my boys and because I didn't know many people, I just got on with it without thinking until I started to take my eldest to groups, when he was 9 months and I was 5 months pregnant. Well the looks I got were not the kindest and most people left me sat in the corner, I tended to do what I alwayys do though and jump in on conversations so they had no choice but to get to know me before they judged me. Fortunately I look younger than I am, but it's unfortuante because you get constant looks and remarks, ID'd all the time, lol. Like I've said before the people who judge by first impression (as in looking at you, not speaking to you) if they don't like what they see, it's their loss and many have probably lost many potential friends. Even now my eldest is 2 and youngest is 1 this month, people make remarks like, you've got your hands full, I always tend to think they are meaning I'm too young to cope. I've got loads of examples and lots to say on this matter but I'm not going to ramble on! lol.

Moving on, it's been another quick but slow week, I feel like I'm wasting time doing nothing. Monday was normal, Tuesday my freind popped round after swimming with her 3 month old baby boy, I had a lovely cuddle with him, I couldn't believe how big he'd got, lol. Then Wednesday was boring again, lol and Thursday I met up with another friend who has 2 boys, 4 and 19 months, with another little girl on the way due 2 weeks tomorrow. We had a lovely mad time at FuzzyEd's, My eldest certainly enjoyed the company after what probably seemed like years of boredom, lol. Then we had the trouble of taking the dog to the vets again. The rest of the week has pretty much been driving around getting to test standard test. All in all general week, nothing exciting, lol.

Speak soon, see you next week x x

No comments:

Post a Comment