Monday 30 August 2010

Me Again :)

It's me again today, because Liz has swapped days this week - so I've only got a couple of days to talk about.

Saturday, we popped down to Gunwharf to have a nosey around the sales. I love Baby Gap, so when the sales are on, I can't help but go in there to check out the stuff! They always do such bright colours :) We all went for lunch at Pizza Express after, and Freyja had a bambinoccino - a cappuccino without the coffee. She loved it and it gave her a lovely milky moustache. We stayed there for a while, and then we were planning to have a BBQ that evening, but I got called into work. I was supposed to start next weekend, but they needed cover, so in I went. I work at the Deco (bar) in Southsea now - it's a few extra £££s for working 2 or 3 shifts a week. Ideal really, and it gives me pennies to spend on luxuries like clothes! I've worked there before (a couple of years ago) so it was pretty easy to get back into it. The boss said I rocked, and it was weird - it felt like I'd only been away for a week, nothing's changed!

On Sunday, James went airsofting with the manager of the Deco, so Freyja and I stayed in. I was planning to go back to Gunwharf but didn't get round to it. We went for a walk, and came back with some BBQ goodies, and some of our friends came over in the evening for food and chats.

Today, I'm actually going back to Gunwharf (I have the car, so requires less effort). James is helping his mate move house, so Freyja and I are at a loose end really. I never really know what to do with Bank Holidays.

This week is the start of a new topic, and it's me starting it. Eek! We were talking about routines last week, so I thought the topic of "Sleep" would be a good one to follow on to. I know some of you ladies mentioned your babies sleeping through the night quite early on, and some still get up in the night to feed etc. But was it/is it a problem getting them to sleep? Do they settle themselves? Do you use any "methods"?

With Freyja, she was really good when she was young - I thought I was super lucky, because she settled herself easily and slept for hours on end even from an early age. Then she started teething, and it went downhill for a while. She would wake up at least a couple of times, and I would sleepwalk to her room to feed her. It was hard work, because I wasn't used to it. The other problem with Freyja was that she couldn't settle herself. When she was born, we had a moses basket, and then we moved her to one of them Amby Nature Nest hammocks. It was fab, but it got us into bad practice, rocking her to sleep every night. So when it came to her settling herself in her own cot, she couldn't do it. In the end, we had to resort to crying it out. She cried and cried and cried, but it worked (eventually). The first night we left her, she cried for almost an hour. Over the next few nights, it gradually got better. As she took less time to settle herself, she also started sleeping through the night, and now, she's fab. She'll sometimes wake in the night, have a whinge, but settle herself, so I never need to get up to her. And she sometimes takes longer to drift off at bedtime - particularly if there's friends over, because she doesn't like missing the attention! But the most she cries, and that's very rare, is about 5 minutes. It was horrible listening to her cry herself to sleep - I'm sure other mummies who have done it can agree. I know a couple of times, I ended up crying as well. It was horrible, but I knew it would be worth it, and it was.

Have a lovely week ladies :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment