Friday 20 August 2010

Baby names...were people ever rude about your choices?

Ive just remember its Friday which means as the new Miss Friday its my turn to post ! I am a blog virgin so tell me if I do anything wrong although writing about my boys and what we've done seems simple enough.
Soooo..... Im Liz, Im a married SAHM to two very lively boys, Ollie whose 4 and Eli who is 16 months, im also due another boy in exactly 3 weeks but were keeping the name under wraps until he's born because of people being rude, well not so much rude but saying things like "don't call him that we had a pet called that" or "i knew a nasty little boy called that" etc. etc....
Thats what this post is about really, has anybody ever been rude when you've told them your child's name? or what you were planning on calling your child?
We were on a bus once and an old lady asked what my youngest sons name was, when i said Elijah she replied "well that's just weird" I was gob-smacked to be honest, and just replied with "and your just rude!" Nobody has ever said anything about Ollie's name (Oliver) but then that's alot more heard of than Eli.
With this baby we told people the options we had, and we got nothing but Rudeness from some people, when he is born if anybody is rude about his name I think I will just tell them where to go he he!
So no, I don't mind if you've had a cat/dog/rabbit/lizard etc. with the same name. I don't mind if you know a terror with the same name I don't know them and that's what counts, just because they are vile doesn't mean my child will be! And finally no I really don't care if you like the name or not! Its my child and i will call him what I like!

Oh dear Ive really gone off on one there lol, Im not normally so moody i promise i just think some people shouldn't be so rude especially about a choice that is hard enough to make without peoples judgements!

Hope your all having a nice day

xxxx


2 comments:

  1. My dad wont call Eryn Eryn, because he says it sounds like running an errond..... it's just the way he says it! grrrr.... and I wanted to call her Iris, but everyone kept telling me 'you cant call a baby that!!!' and 'thats an old lady's name' er well, all old ladies started out as babies...... hmmmm it's her middle name now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "'you cant call a baby that!!!' and 'thats an old lady's name' er well, all old ladies started out as babies.."

    This is true lol x

    ReplyDelete