Saturday 14 August 2010

Hectic Weekend = Delayed Post

I'm officially rubbish this week... My post which was meant for Saturday has only just been written. I've amended the post date so that it appears as if it was on the right day to avoid confusion with other days :) You see, we have been away for a long weekend, having gone to Bloodstock Festival (a heavy metal festival in Derbyshire) and we have just returned to sunny old Portsmouth.

My intention was to write a partial post before the festival began, and post it when I was there using my phone. But in all honesty, that didn't happen. My phone is the epitome of useless when it comes to using the Internet, particularly so when you're stuck in the middle of a wet field with no signal and your Dr.Martens stuck in what seemed to be endless mud.

So, I hope you all forgive me for the delay. Better late than never I hope :)

A few bits and pieces have happened since my last post. Last Sunday, a couple of housemates from 2005 came down from London to see us. It was lovely to catch up after so long - they are both doing loads with their lives - one has been gallivanting round Australia for the past 6 months and the other is engaged and moving to Canada(!) - so needless to say, it was fab to catch up. We went to the Tenth Hole (which was rammed) and ate lots of yummy cake. I can't stop at that place. The chocolate torte is to die for. Freyja helped Paul to finish off his Aero cheesecake - by the time he could get to it, there was very little left, and a very mucky Freyja...

James' cousin came to visit on Monday. She works in Dubai at the moment, so when she has a few weeks off, she tries to cram in everyone - we were lucky enough to see her after a trip to Milan - we went for lunch on Tuesday afternoon, because James was off work, so we popped to the Titchfield Mill before saying goodbye to her. Not quite sure when we'll catch up with her again, but it was a lovely, albeit brief, visit.

Wednesday was the beginning of the weekend for us. As we were going off to Bloodstock, I had roped my mum into having Freyja for the duration. She was nervous as hell, as it's the first time we have left Freyja with anyone for more than one night, so we went up to Stoke on the Wednesday to give it a bit of a practice run, before shooting off to Derbyshire the next day. It all went swimmingly, and we popped down to my old pub hang-out for a bit of acoustic open mic goodness.

Thursday was the day that we had to say goodbye to Freyja. It was awful, but we knew she was in safe hands and she would be living the life of Riley when we were camping in what seemed like a really big bog. I know that she went out for lunch twice at a couple of country pubs, and went to see the monkeys at a local monkey world type place. She had a lovely time, and now mum feels a lot more confident about having her again. We had a fantastic time at the festival, but it was so wonderful to see Freyja again this morning. I wasn't sure how she'd react to me, seeing as she hadn't seen me for 4 days, but I walked into her room this morning, and she was so excited that she threw herself around her cot laughing her head off, then gave me a 20 minute long hug. I cried. Lots. I didn't realise quite how much I would miss her until I saw her again. It's amazing how much she has changed in such a small amount of time - she has noticeably longer hair, and 4 teeth have come through!

So here I am, back in Portsmouth, with a mountain of festival gear to wash and stow away for the next one. I'm hoping for good weather over the next few days to be able to get out and catch up with people. Although my first mission is to upload photos to Facebook and have a nice cup of tea.

Apologies again for the late post - next weeks will be on time! I promise!

Hope all you ladies have a fabulous week xx



No comments:

Post a Comment