Monday 9 August 2010

Dutch courage, Dutch smourage!

Well Monday is here again, surprising how fast a week goes when you do so little! It's a little later in the day than I usually get round to posting but I wholeheartedly admit to it being entirely my own fault for thinking the consumption of about 3 bottles of wine last night would have no consequences! How wrong I was, I havent drunk that much in so long I didnt even think about the morning after. I went with my mum, sister Viv and sister in-law Corrina to Quizzaoke (quiz and karaoke lol) at the Heroes pub and I only went a bit overboard as I really wanted to sing and needed a bit of Dutch courage. Well my Dutch courage ended up down the toilet as soon as I got home, along with the chilli kebab I had on the way back! But I did sing three songs (two on my own then one with Viv and Corrina as my backing singers!) and I was pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself!!

Becky has chosen post-baby bodies as our conversation piece this week and I must say I havent been happy at all with my post-Lucie wobbly bits. I lost tons of weight after having my other two and went from being around 12st before I was pregnant with Brett to being 8st at my lightest after having Courtney so naturally I assumed the weight (I had started to pile on again before I got pregnant) would fall off after having Lucie. It didnt. At first I was frustrated and annoyed, not just that I hadnt lost any weight but because I felt like I'd never appreciated the size I was before and of course you never know what you've got until its gone. Sounds pathetic but I'd get so upset looking at old pictures of myself and rooting through my wardrobe trying to find something that would fit me. But once I accepted that I'd never be a size 8-10 again I decided to stop torturing myself, get rid of all the clothes that are never going to fit me again and just try to look in the mirror and think actually I dont look too bad. I'm a size 14 now but I dont really feel it or think I look it. I'm never going to be totally happy with how I look, I especially hate my big flabby arms and stretchmarks but I suppose I could look much worse. And I have managed to create three beautiful children so it cant be all bad! So Becky also asked if we had any tips for regaining body confidence after you've had a baby and I'd just say its all about accepting the fact that your body has changed because lets face it, the best personal trainer or plastic surgeon (if anyone can actually afford it)in the world isnt going to repair a baby-streched tummy or get those pelvic floor mucsles as taught as they were before you pushed your little lump(s) into the world! As much as I would love to be a skinny minnie again I also love treating the kids and myself to an ice cream after school or the odd Mcdonalds or meal out with my hubby when just over a year ago I was concsious of everything I ate and it wasnt until I was pregnant with Lucie that I finally stopped letting food rule my life. But yes I've definitely felt happier and better about myself since I've accepted that this is what I look like and thats that! And I've had an excuse to buy new clothes :)

I havent been up to much else the last week, Stew and I along with a few friends were supposed to be having an adults only trip to Thorpe Park at the weekend but none of our friends ended up having any money so we went out for a meal in Nandos Saturday night instead then went up to Crawley shopping centre on Sunday and spent vast amounts of money! Was nice to have a child free weekend, Lucie stayed with my mum and the older two went to the in-laws and they took them swimming and to Pirate Petes so that was good for them too. Poor guys get so bored being stuck at home. Ive decided to re-start my driving lessons soon, will be nice to have that much more freedom to get out and about so watch this space!

Have a great week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment