Saturday 21 August 2010

Mr. Bazinga is Home!

This weeks topic was about children's holidays, and with my only daughter being 16 months old, I can't really say much about what I do with my time during the hols - it's the same as any other day for me! Although I do find that when it comes to kids hols, I have been avoiding the regular hangouts (i.e. the busy parks and soft plays) - mainly because of the busy-ness (i'm not used to it!) and also because Freyja is insane and runs everywhere and anywhere she can, so when there's bigger kids around, she gets knocked over a lot because she doesn't watch where she's going!
So, because I can't talk about what I do during the school hols, I'll go down the route that some other ladies have, and talk about actual holidays. We are really lucky in a way - James' parents live over in the South of France, and we have at least one trip a year out there to see them. Since Freyja came along, that hasn't changed. She had a passport at 5 days old, and was on a plane over to France at 3 months old. We've been over about 3 times with her now, and she's amazing really, considering her age. It's nice to have the opportunity to get her used to flying at a young age - i'm hoping it bodes well for when she's older! Although she is getting to an age of restlessness, and because she hasn't got her own seat yet, it can be hard. Especially when she doesn't understand how to un-pop her ears. It was easy before she was one, because my boobs did the trick, but since stopping breast-feeding, it's been a bit difficult. Our next holiday is in May next year - that time, we're venturing to Turkey with my mum - here's hoping she'll be able to manage a 4 hour flight - she's only been on an hour and a bit ones so far (Freyja that is, not my mum...)

So, after that rant, what's been happening with my week... Since my last post was actually made on Monday because of my hectic weekend, there's not much to talk about really. Tuesday and Wednesday involved mostly nothing - I caught up on a lot of housework and washing, and TV of course :) We picked our hamster up from the Vet's too - He's back safe and sound, after a bout of wet-tail. "Mr. Bazinga" is a healthy little pickle now, and Freyja loves looking at him and watching him run around :) Thursday, a friend and I took the babies to the aquarium on the seafront - I didn't realise how much of a walk it was - it was a 6 mile round-trip! Needless to say, for someone who doesn't exercise much, my feet are hurting, but I feel better for it. Maybe my baby belly will tone up after all! James went bowling Thursday evening, so I had a night in on my own, watched telly and read a bit. On Friday, my friend came over in the morning - it's her daughter's 1st birthday on Saturday, so she crammed me in for a cuppa before running off to make preparations for it. The rest of the day was fairly slow-going. I "attempted" to make an oven-baked chocolate cheesecake - the one's I've made before, which have all been successful, so this one was a bit of a new venture, and involved a bain-marie. Not a very wise idea, when I don't have a watertight cake tin. Needless to say, the cheesecake came out a bit more gloopy than it was supposed to, because the water got into it. Still tastes good though! On Friday evening, a couple of friends and I went for dinner at the Harvester, followed by a quick drink in the Deco - I have gotten myself a job there, starting from the 3rd September. I worked there a couple of years ago, so it'll be nice to go back for a couple of shifts a week - and the extra pennies will go down nicely!

This weekend is full of birthday parties. First, there's my good friend's little girl's 1st birthday today, at her house, where they are having a teddy bears picnic, and another little girl's 1st birthday on Sunday, at Canoe Lake. Hope the weather gets better for them!

Hope you all have a good week :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment