Monday 23 August 2010

If the sun comes back i will give up chocolate...

Hellloo everyone..How rubbish has this weather been!! I think its safe to say the summer is over :( and i think am actually greiving lol.


Congratulations to Lilly for passing her test :)


Thursday my friend looked after Skye for a few hours so we could take Jaydon to the cinema to see Toystory 3D.I manged to get Mr B to take thrus and fri off work,which was great as its almost impossible to get him to take time off work.The film was good but i wasnt to impressed with the 3D,(I dont think they made it as 3D as they could have).
Friday we popped to waterlooville to get a few bits then took the children for lunch at the farmhouse and so they could play in the play area after.I dont think ive mentioned but im a very clumsy person lol,and just as we were getting settled at our table i lent across the table to take skyes coat off and managed to knock Mr Bs full pint of lager all over him..oops!! He wasnt to impressed and wouldnt move from his seat untill his wet jeans had dried off.10 mins later i almost did the same with my drink..you cant take me anywhere haha!! After that my sister came over to cut and colour my hair,i love that she is a hairdresser it saves me a fortune..
Saturday was brillient,we dropped the kids to my mums in the morning as we were off to london and had a table booked for a meal at Jamie Olivers restaurant.Once we got there we checked in to the hotel which was 5* and lush,we had a stroll around covent garden,had some lunch while we waited for a couple Mr B works with to join us.I had never met them before but they sounded lovely and were.We all had a great time, and the meal was amazing.After several bottles of wine between the 4 of us we ended up in stringfellows..which was entertaining to say the least lol..
We got back to pick the children up about midday sunday.my mum and her partner had taken them up the spinnaker tower,I was abit worried how Skye would be as she hasnt been up there before and i was unsure how she would deal with being up so high,but she loved it and refused to get off the glass floor when it was time to leave lol.Sunday afternoon Jaydon played out with his friends while Skye and i caught up on saturdays xfactor.
Yesterday we didnt get upto much,i had to unpack, wash all our stuff from the weekend and catch up on the lack of housework that hadnt been done over the last 4 days.


So our topic this week is routines, well Jaydon was a very content baby untill bedtime that was,He rarely slept though the night untill we put him into a big bed when he was 2. Sleeping from 7.30pm-7am.Skye was worse at bedtime and still is,even now she still wakes once in the night and the only thing that settles her is a bottle of milk or juice.She never wanted a dummy or blanket as a comfort so i think her bottle has been that comfort.Which i think is partly my fault because as she never grew out of the night feeds(even aged 1&2) i would just give in to the screams and crys for the bottle, just so she wouldnt keep Jaydon awake at night when he had school next day and same for Mr B with work.
I do think its best for children to be in a routine(bit difficult sometimes for little babys) but by the time mine were 6 months they had a routine for times of breakfast/lunch/dinner, naptime,bathtime bed etc.I find having a routine helps me feel more organised too..Altho i must admit our routine tends to go out the window this time of year with summer hols/half terms etc.

Thats it from me for the day.Have it good rest of week all xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see Lucie still needing night feed when shes that age too!! Sounds like you had a fab time in London, always nice to have a break from the mummy life lol xx

    ReplyDelete