Monday 16 August 2010

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Hey its Monday, yet again!! God these weeks are flying by at lightning speed, the kids will be back at school before I know it! Seeing as I last posted on Friday that leaves me the weekend to talk about and I'm afraid to say it wasnt awfully exciting! I was supposed to be having my nephew Danny who's four stay over at mine Friday night. My sister dropped him off around four and then the disaster that was Friday night began... Oh and it was the 13th!!!!

First, my electric had gone, not so bad seeing as I had emergency credit on the key, but when I went to do the kids some tea I realised it must have been off for a while as everything in my freezer had totally defrosted so I had to throw it all out. Having no other food in the house seeing as I'm not there very often I had nothing to feed the kids but that was probably just as well considering what happened next. Courtney and Brett came running downstairs to inform me that Danny had been sick and as I emerged from the kitchen I was met with Danny throwing up some more on the stairs (he'd started on Bretts bed and left me a nice little trail). I had been warming a bottle for Lucie but I had no choice to put her in her cot while I cleaned up the mess. I stripped Bretts bed, stripped Danny and cleaned him off, sat him on the sofa with a bowl (later this was proved unnecessary as he was just sick on the floor instead) scrubbed and disinfected the carpets, the stairs and the banister, just in time for my mum to arrive to pick Danny up (I'd called Viv as soon as it happened). Tired, stressed and downright peed off (not to mention grossed out!)I text Stewart, told him I was having an awful night and couldnt cope and didnt want to stay in the house and he agreed to come and pick us up to go back to his after he finished work. Phew, what a releif!! We grabbed the kids a McDonalds on the way home, I had a nice bath and although I'm sure he wasnt ever so pleased we invaded his Friday evening, I felt much better!! I was so worried I or one of the kids or even worse, Lucie would get ill too but so far we are all fine so fingers crossed we stay that way! I did feel a bit unusual yesterday but I think that was down to tiredness as Lucie hasnt been sleeping well this last week.

Saturday was a better day. I only had about three hours sleep Friday night as Lucie wouldnt settle but I didnt feel too bad. Brett was going to his best buddy Jacks for a sleepover and I'd arranged to meet Elly at Pirate Petes so once Jacks mum had collected Brett I and the girlies jumped in a taxi and off we went. We had lunch in Wimpy then the kids had a lovely long play. Courtney was hilarious, I dont know if it was because Brett wasnt there but she was just such a motormouth bless her, rabbit rabbit rabbit!! We were sat eating luch and she said to Elly "I love your nail polish"! Then she came out of the play area with her top rolled up "like a bra". Little madam! Lucie slept really well Saturday night although it took a while to get her settled.

Yesterday (Sunday) was a good day too. Stew picked Brett up then came and collected us girls and we went to Walmart to get a few things then we went bowling. The last time we went was about two years ago although we've had plenty of practice on the Wii! We all had a really good time, Brett won by miles and I came last :( Lol. Today we havent done much but I did have a dreamy stawberry tart for lunch, I cant even begin to describe how delicious it was!!!

So the Yummymummies are welcoming a new Miss Wednesday and Friday this week and they take the forms of the lovely Lauren Ward and Liz Darbyshire so I'm sure they will be welcome additions and have many fun tales to share!! Lauren has picked childrens holidays as our topic this week. I'm not sure if that means school breaks or actual getaways though...probably should have asked that! Well I'll assume she means getaways anyway so maybe we could all share our ideal holiday to take the little people on or one that we particularly enjoyed as a child?

Up until this year Stew and I had only taken the kids to Devon and Butlins, both of which were great little holidays. We visited Devon when Brett was just a baby so that one was more for us I suppose but we went to Paignton Zoo, Kents Cavern, The Golden Hind, it really was a lovely holiday. Then every year after that we went to Butlins in Bognor which was lovely, we are going two weeks from today in fact :) It will actually be our second holiday with Lucie as we went to Disneyland Paris when she was just six weeks old! That was just amazing, I didnt want to leave Paris, it was so depressing coming home to crummy old England! It really is a beautiful city, we went to the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, did lots of shopping and of course spent four days in the Disney parks. We are planning to go to Florida when Lucie is older, maybe in about six years or so, that gives us plenty of time to save up! Next year we are thinking of going abroad again, maybe to Spain.

Well thats all from me (thank God, I hear you thinking!) Have a great week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment