Sunday 31 October 2010

Trick or Treat and Tick n Tock!

I’m writing this after an exhausting day, not only did the clocks go back – How many of you forgot!!! But It’s Halloween as well and for a mummy who now has two smallish children – [3 and 2] it has been a bit daunting.  We managed not to arise until 6:45 – 5:45 in old time and have kept the kids amused most the day playing and hiding but by 1pm my little son didn’t know what to do with himself so husband took a trip around the village to get him to have a nap for half an hour before heading out to a Birthday Party, this seemed a bit too much for my daughter to cope with trying to put dressing up clothes on but once she saw the sparkly spooky spider tights I had bought her the mood changed, however by the time I had put on her hat and her gruesome hand gloves we had hysterics again as she couldn’t get her fingers in the gloves properly and she seemed to be having a fit of paranoia / perfectionism.   I had to change son into his costume when we arrived as he managed to get a good sleep in –thankfully – that changes later on!  Anyway Party was good fun – as I think I enjoyed it more trying to spin plates! A good lady entertainer with circus skills – I managed to spin one plate for 10 seconds with daughter hanging off leg saying “mummy please do it for me, please, please” well it was never to be repeated again could I get the dammed plate to twirl. 
I am writing this as I am eating the last of the sweets from my trick or treat bag – bit of a fuddy-duddy I decided I was not taking mine out to trick or treat – we were quite happy to stay in the warm! Had lots of knocks on the door – poor poppy dog a bit stressed and the effects of the long day had taken its toll on son as he was over tired on the sofa and needed to be comforted, both fell asleep on the sofa and have gone to bed zonked out – lets hope it’s not too early a rise tomorrow!
The week for us was pretty normal as we had last week off and so it was work, child minder, nursery and normal weekend.  We went to see my nephew on Friday as it was his 5th Birthday and the kids played well together, Saturday I returned to Venture Photography – stuck to my guns and came away with ONLY the “free” photo which was all included in my £15 experience voucher from gurgle.com – thank you gurgle! – There were some lovely photos and luckily it was dark as it became a bit of a tear jerker with the music n’ all but I was really pleased think I choose the best one with all of us in it.
My Open University course – I need to study more! Trying to find the time, so will have to cut this short and get on with some! Hope you all have a good week xx mummyrella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment