Saturday 30 October 2010

Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Wow, this week has just flown by!

Last weekend, James' auntie and uncle came down from Swindon to stay with us for the day, so we took them to the Water Margin in Gunwharf. It's so lovely there, and such good value. They loved it - as did Freyja, who seems to eat everything in sight. She was particularly favouring the prawn crackers and hoi sin sauce, along with 3 bowls of ice cream! Must be her teething that made her do that.

On the Sunday, they left in the morning, and we went to the Tenth Hole with some friends - it was very busy, which James didn't like much. He's not a big fan of crowded busy places. On Monday, James had a day off work, so we drove up to Somerset to see his grandparents. Well, we did eventually. The car broke down (more like didn't start) so we had to try and find a neighbour to jump start it, which didn't work, so the same neighbour offered to drive James down to the garage to get a new battery. Finally, we got on our way and it was lovely to see them. We stayed there for dinner, and drove back early evening.

On Tuesday, I had a walk round to my friends house and had a cup of tea while Freyja was being a demonic bully. I don't want to be that person who has a kid nobody wants to play with! She's in the process of learning that being a bully isn't a good thing.

We didn't do much else for the rest of the week. I worked on Thursday night which involved putting all the Halloween decorations up. What a mission! Trying to make cobwebby things out of a bag of fluff took me for ages. But it's looking good! Who knows if the decorations will stay the whole weekend though. I know that last night, whilst working again, a few of the masks went walkies, so who knows what else will be "lost" over the weekend. Work last night was horrendously busy - I didn't finish til 2am and here I am, up at the crack of dawn again. I'm taking one of my best friends for tea and cake this morning for her birthday, which should be nice. We have to pop into town this morning to get some bits for my Halloween outfit. I'm working tonight, but my mum is coming down this afternoon to babysit Freyja tomorrow night so James and I can go out. I'm dressing up too - I can't wait! I have white mesh contact lenses and everything! I'll be posting some pictures I'm sure. I just love Halloween!!

I'm not sure if we have any sort of theme or topic this week? So I'll leave it at that. We're just in the middle of teaching Freyja some new words. It's so lovely hearing her talk! My baby girl growing up so quickly :(

Have a lovely week x

2 comments:

  1. remember when she is learning new words to write down her little quirks, my darling daughter when she says crisps she adds about 4 s' to the word and says crisps ss ss ss and fish fingers are finger fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to make a note of all the things that make me smile and giggle when she does something. I've just been teaching her about elephants, and she raises her arm in the air and blows a raspberry in an attempt to make a trumpet noise. Bless her. x

    ReplyDelete