Friday 29 October 2010

Is it time to go back to school?

OK. Is half term over? My head is spinning!

I know it’s not just my children, but their bickering and jab-jab-jabbing at each other with barbed tongues and pointy fingers has completely done my head in this week.

If it’s not the “tell him to leave me alone” or “she keeps bugging me” or the “accidental” tripping over it’s arguing and slapping.

Gawd love ‘em.

Is it time to go back to school yet?

But when they are affectionate towards each other, it couldn’t be nicer. In fact, I’d go so far to say that it makes my tummy tickle to see them being lovely to each other and helpful and all “do you want a drink?”

It makes up for all those times that they spend at each other’s throats or are constantly talking, yabbering and shouting.

This morning was another lazy day (for them) – and failed attempts to get Take That tickets (£90 each? I don’t think so) – before I decided we were all suffering from cabin fever.

Today, though, we went to see CBBC’s Kirsten O’Brien do an art show and it was lovely! She was incredibly lovely to all the children who went on stage (including my daughter!) and the art tips she gave were fab.

Tomorrow will also be a family day, too, and I’m looking forward to it so much. The camera will be in full force, with me taking terrible photos, but I’m hoping this is the sort of stuff they will remember. Not me having a full blown, throat-aching shout at them because they are goading each other and taking things that little bit too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment