Sunday 24 October 2010

And I will Drive 500 miles ....................

It’s Sunday night around 7:30 and kids are all tucked up in bed – phew – what a busy day! And week!  We decided to take this week off before half term as the kids aren’t in school – Monday and Tuesday were chill out days then Wednesday I headed over the hills [sorry Mountains!] to South Wales to see my best friend, in her new house.  I was getting a bit stressed about the journey with the kids on my own – over 230 miles each way – So I had a plan J I thought it would be a good idea to find a soft play centre for the kiddiewinks to run and get rid of all their pent up energy from sitting in their confined spaces for 2 hours and did I find a cracker! Jam Jam Boomerang near Coventry Airport What made it even nicer was I met up with my cousin and her 9 week old baby girl and we were able to have a natter and some food before starting our journey again – it was so good – I didn’t realise we had been there for 2 hours and needed to get back on our roadtrip if we were to make South Wales for teatime.  Had to do a quick pitstop an hour later but we made it and had a lovely time.  The first night ended up with the 3 of us sleeping in the bed altogether with me getting a finger in the eye and head butted, and it was a pretty stressful time for the kids when first getting them settled as apart from staying at Nanny’s they have not been anywhere else.  By night two they had gone down quite quickly and I ended up sleeping the other end of the bed so I had to keep moving my feet out of their way but it was a lot better and the 3rd night was good too. 

We set off back home Saturday and I decided to have a lunch stop at Jam Jam’s again which still worked well and managed to only stay for about 45mins though this seemed long enough for them to play and eat.  We arrived safely home within 6 hours which was pretty good.
Then gluten for punishment today [Sunday] I had booked as in at Venture Photography as I had received a voucher from gurgle for £15, I have been told we need to be strong when it comes to the “presentation” next week and only go for the free photo – 7” x 5” . This was I think more stressful than my drive to and from Wales! I decided that to make the family complete that the dog needed to come too and I’m glad I did but it was eventful – luckily no accidents but the kids were literally bouncing off the walls – Son was particularly cheeky and kept running around – but the photographs [2 of them – they called in reinforcements] said that it was so nice that they had so much energy – I just hope my perspiration can be airbrushed out!!!!
GUILTLY  [oops] my OU course started yesterday and I promise after posting this I will log on and see what I should be doing.
So it’s back to normal tomorrow awaking at 6am to the alarm clock and off to work we go and see what the two Mr C’s have in stall for me – redundancy before March 2011 or after L
Topic this week – umm other peoples kids – before becoming a mummy I ran a Brownie Pack – 24 girls aged 7-10 – need I say anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment