Monday 4 October 2010

Gadgets and Gizmos


Morning everyone! Another looooong week last week, must be the weather! I think where it gets dark so much earlier now it makes it feel alot later than it is so by about 8 o'clock I feel like I should be in bed! Likewise, when I wake up at 6am and it's pitch black I do not want to get out of bed!

So this week I've mostly been buying bits and bobs for my Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I've picked up some lovely stuff really cheap, so much so that I ended up with too much to fit into two boxes so now I'm doing four! Now just to get them wrapped and packed. I'm arranging a packing party through Portsmouth Netmums so if anyone else is interested in joining our little venture please let me know!

Last week was also the first week of the MommyTube and it was fab to see everyone posting videos. If you like reading this blog you should definitely check it out, the link is in the sidebar. I do Mondays on that too and the other ladies are all great.

I loved Becki's '5 embarassing moments' theme last week but I really couldn't think of a single thing! Surely my kids have embarrassed the hell out of me at some point but my mind is totally blank! As for this weeks topic, it should have been Noeles this week but me being my usual useless self I forgot to ask! So this week I want to know what kinds of gadgets and gizmos you have bought to try to keep your little ones entertained.

I have tried just about everything going so far with Lucie. She has two playmats, a door bouncer, (although for her it's not so much a 'bouncer' as a swing as she is so little her legs don't come close to reaching the floor!) a bumbo, a rocking chair and a bouncy chair and I want to get her a baby walker! She likes to play on all of her things but gets bored easily and doesnt like being stuck in the same position for long. A combination like the one pictured above seems to work! In fact since I started writing this I have already moved her from my lap to her chair to the playmat and now to the bumbo. I think (or hope) that she will be much happier when she can sit alone for longer and maybe move around a little. I got a playnest from the car boot sale but one side was punctured! I think she'd like one of those so will have to keep my eye out!

When Brett and Courtney were little they had bouncy chairs, playmats, nests and then walkers later on, these days as long as they have a DS in their hand they are happy!

Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment