Saturday 16 October 2010

Bonkers week

Argh! I’ve done it again. Woke up with a start at about 5am today and realised I should have filed my diary yesterday.

I am sorry.

It’s been another bonkers week. Work, work, work – then I decide to launch a hyperlocal blog for the village in which I live and I started a course (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).

You know that feeling when you have bitten off more than you can chew? Yep – that’s me this week.

Daughter arrived back safe and sound from her outward bound course – wearing someone else’s socks and claiming she had to borrow others’ clothes because she hadn’t got enough (read last week’s entry about the ridiculously large case she took that was bursting at the seams).

Of course, I found several clean pairs of socks and a pair of unworn joggers in her bag. Oh – and there was a towel missing. And the cheapest trainers in the world (£5 from Tesco) that I bought for her so she could wreck them and throw them away were untouched. Her half decent pair are ruined and the pair of shoes for the hostel are completely soaked, wrecked and stink.

Makes you want to weep...

This week I enrolled son into a karate class. He’s such a little sweetie, but I do think he can be a little too sensitive at times. This is no bad thing, but I want him to be able to defend himself if anything untoward happens.

He tried tae kwon do a few years back but I took him out of the class when the instructor threw one of those big sparring cushions at him. The episode terrified him and he was reluctant to go to karate, but the instructor was so welcoming and friendly that he decided to give it a go. He loves it. But then he always does the first couple of weeks. It’s usually when I’ve paid the full enrolment fees/licences etc that he decides he doesn’t want to go again.

Fingers crossed this time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment