Sunday 17 October 2010

Bah!

I woke up yesterday morning, thinking "I'll do my blog post in a couple of hours when I have a bit more sense" and then forgot. All about it. Until now. Bah.

So, sorry about the late post - It's been a bit of a manic week, because we've had my mum visiting. It's been lovely having her, and Freyja has really enjoyed it. She arrived on Sunday afternoon, but unfortunately I had to go to work early evening, so I didn't really see much of her. On Monday, we did a massive food shop - she helps out enormously when she comes to visit and stocks our freezer with loads of meat and fish - saves us a fortune each week.

We have been shopping a couple of times - Freyja has some lovely warm winter boots (that she's currently struggling to get on the wrong feet) and she has a couple more stocking fillers. I've worked a couple of evenings, and James and I went to the pub once for a bit of us-time. We never get to go for drinks together really because of babysitting etc, so it was really appreciated.

We went to visit James' sister on Sunday morning before Mum arrived, and on the way, Freyja decided to projectile vomit all over herself. Turns out she had a bit of a bug - one of them 24 hour jobbies, so we had to strip her down in the middle of Fareham, and wash the car seat completely. It wasn't very pleasant, poor mite. A couple of days later, James got sent home from work for having the same thing. Also, not very pleasant. I thought I'd managed to avoid it (somehow) but it was my turn on Thursday. Whilst we were at the pub, I started feeling quite sick (not through drinking) so we came home. Later that evening, I started throwing up, and felt awful the next day. I still went to work Friday evening though.

Yesterday, we popped into town for a couple of bits, whilst James stayed at home sorting some computery stuff. Our friend Tom arrived at 6, because we had a table booked at Sakura for half past. It's the Japanese restaurant on Albert Road, and we hadn't tried it before. It was absolutely lovely, although I was bit worried about having sushi on a stomach which hadn't exactly been very good the past couple of days. After that, we went for drinks and got a tad merry for the first time in a while. It was great having both of us out together.

This week's topic that Liz set was baby names. As soon as we had found out that our baby was going to be a girl, we put our thinking caps on to choose a name we both liked. We had a few contenders, but we just wanted something a bit different - a name that meant something to us. James is really interested in Anglo Saxon and Norse mythology, and so Freyja felt like a perfect choice. In mythology, she was the goddess of love and magic, as well as beauty and fertility. It was perfect. As soon as I gave birth to her, I knew she was a Freyja and nothing else would have ever suited her. We decided to spell it the original way, with the 'YJ' rather than just the way - Freya is apparently quite a popular baby name at the moment, so we decided to be a bit different. Her middle name is Eowyn - yes, it's a name out of Lord of the Rings, but we got it from our love for Tolkien, not the films. Although the films are awesome. We just thought it went well with her first name. We're going to continue with the Anglo Saxon names if and when we have another child - Just have to try and find one that sounds half-normal. There's no way I'm going to be calling our little boy Ethelred or Aldrich - much to James' dismay!!

Mum goes home tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go, but it's been a lovely week. Hopefully things will get back to normal a bit - Ii haven't had time to catch up with my crap TV, or keep up with my personal blog! It's a hard life...

No comments:

Post a Comment