Saturday 23 October 2010

Spoons, Calpol, Work & Snot.

This week has been a pretty uneventful one, so I've not got much to report really. Freyja's been full of cold and teething like a trooper, so she's been miserable all week on and off. She gets frustrated when she's teething, and lashes out a lot, to the point where she hit me square on with a spoon! I wasn't too pleased with that, but Calpol seems to fix things. I should have shares in that.

On Monday, we didn't really get up to much. A friend came over in the evening though and we pigged out on Dominos while watching Harry Brown. Oh my God, what an amazing film. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

On Tuesday, we went with a friend and her little boy to the Natural History museum on the seafront. We had a feeling the butterflies were out of season, but there were still a couple of them left. We had a mosey around the rest of the museum and Freyja was terrified of the big dinosaur, until she knew it didn't move. Bless her. We popped down to the Tenth Hole for a bit of brekkie and a brew and then made our way back. It was a lovely morning. I went to work that evening - it was really quiet so went quite slowly.

On Wednesday, one of my good friends came over and we just chilled out and kept Freyja entertained. I worked again that evening, and we had a 100 man pub crawl comprising of drunk cheerleaders and american footballers - that was eventful.

On Thursday, another good friend and her little girl popped over, and we were joined by a fellow Netmum and her 2 girls - it was lovely having a house full of kids, but Freyja isn't that keen on sharing at the minute, so there were a few wobblers going on. My bezzie mate came over in the evening and we watched Kick Ass, which was again, an awesome film.

Yesterday a friend from Netmums came over with her little boy and we just chatted and caught up. I haven't seenher for a few months so her little boy has grown loads! I worked last night, and it was really busy, so that kept me entertained.

I'm getting a new phone this week - I can't wait to have a new one. I'm just waiting to hear back from them about whether I qualify, it's so exciting. I love gadgets! James' aunt and uncle are coming down from Swindon to stay with us this afternoon. They are going back tomorrow morning. It'll be lovely to have them, and they haven't seen our house yet. I think we are going out for dinner this evening, after we have a visit from James' sister & family this afternoon. Should be lovely. I'm not working this weekend! Woop! That's a first...

Onto this week's topic - I've not really had to deal with other people's kids yet. Freyja seems to be the bully at the moment, rather than getting picked on. We don't really have to handle older kids, but I remember once, when we were in Krazy Kaves, Freyja was playing in the toddler ball pit and a 6 year old launched himself at her and landed on her face. She wasn't too pleased with that. I couldn't find his mother anywhere, but he had a telling off by me. He shouldn't have even been in there! I suppose I have all of this to look forward to as Freyja grows - I'm not sure how I'll handle people moaning about her/me moaning to others about their kids. We'll see what happens!

Have a good week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment