Thursday 30 September 2010

Where has the week gone!?!?!?!?!

Hi ladies, I hope you're all having a good week. I can't believe it's Thurday again already!!! life just seems to be passing by sooooo quicking :S and yes, as others have mentioned, it really is nearly Christmas.....
Well, what a week! The weekend was well, not fantastic! i was really hoping for a bit of peace and quiet. Having been exhausted after going to uni all week (i cant remember how i coped when i was working full time, at college 2 nights a week, pregnant and looking after Et, my house, 2 cats and a dog..... hopefully something will jog my memory soon so i can once again become superwoman) Ben had started his new job and we were both very irritable through being sooo tired, and the kids (all four- so including Eryn) were BRATS!!!!!! no other way to describe them. They were rude, back-chatting, fighting, moaning, climbing the walls and ungrateful so and sos..... We went to the adventure playground and a party on saturday, as well as buying them some new clothes- and they didnt apprieciate any of it. Josh was the best behaved, but it was certainly a case of best out of a bad bunch!!! lol. I'm sure that if Ben and I hadnt have felt so knackered we could have dealt with it really easily, but it was just awful! but hey ho.....
On Sunday we went for dinner at Ben's parents, which was really lovely except his dad announced that he didnt think i'd last the first year at uni!!!! talk about supportive! I can kind of see his point though.... I've not been exactly positive about the whole thing!!! In fact my tutor told me I'm very negative!!!! Which is true..... lol but I'm determined to complete the 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!
On Monday it was Eryn's first proper day at nursery (well 4 hours) and she coped really well :D she had a few grizzley moments but other than that she was fine. Such a weight has been lifted knowing that she's ok there! I didnt haver uni till 6pm. and it was the biggest waste of my time!! the lecturer read off the power point presentation that i'd accessed (courtesy of my cousin being scarily organised!) at home before i went. so basically i could have just stayed at home!!!! grrrr
Tuesday was better though, 3 lectures and a tutorial, although one was on research methods and statistics...... i could even work my calculator let alone do the maths!!!!!! lol.... in my defence noone else could work it either.... but it didnt fill me with much hope! Eryn was in nursery from 8.20 to 5.50 and again she'd had a lovely time :) *massive sigh of relief* Ethan was at his childminder's and really enjoyed himself too..... makes me wonder if my children just dont like being with me!
Yesterday was my day off and i refused point blank to do anything to do with uni (altho i have A LOT to do) so my heavily pregnant cousin (38wks yesterday) came over with her youngest. Oh and Eryn projectile vomitted over herself, me and the floor in ASDA.... god knows what was wrong with her! shes got a bit of a cough and a couple of times shes puked when shes coughed, but she's fine in herself- just a bit snotty.
Today i was supposed to be getting an iphone4 delivered!!! im soooo excited, but im gonna miss the delivery slot because i've got to go to uni... ive rearranged for tomo but again, i've got uni so i dont know whether i will miss the time slot again :(
I'm hoping for a quiet weekend this week, Et is off to his dads and we've only got Josh and Harry on friday night. We've got Ben's parents stayng saturday night. They've not been here before so i'd better clean up A LOT!! (not that my house is dirty, its just messy!) I had to fill out a form for nursery called all about me. It was asking simple questions about family life etc. One of them was 'things i do with my family....' and this sounds absolutely awful but we couldnt think of anything we do as a family for her! Everything we do is for the boys, and she just has to either join in or sit on the sidelines.... i feel incredibly guilty!!! When Ethan was in his swimming lesson yesterday i took Eryn into the pool. She wasn't really that interested, but didnt scream :) but i think we realy need to do something for her. She loved swimming with Daddy when we were camping (again, maybe it's just me lol) so i think we mihgt take her saturday afternoon. What else can we do with a 14month old who can but wont walk.... although she is walking a bit more everyday :) any ideas let me know!
Hmmmm, most embarassing mummy-moments.....
1, my cousin always moans at me for telling Ethan that the 'lady part' is called a vagina. I always figured there was no point in lying to him, that his dad wouldnt discuss it with him and seeing as i wasnt going to have any more kids that i should just say it how it is. Anyway, we were round my cousins for dinner with our dog Talulah (god rest her soul) and they have a british bull dog called mr pickles.... anyway, Et suddenly announced mid mouthful 'mummy, mr pickles is licking Talulah's vagina' ..... nice, let the ground swallow me up!

2, Again, my darling Ethan.... we were discussing death and wills and stuff- like u do.... and i was saying that mummy has life insurance so if i die he and Eryn will have money etc. Not really grasping the concept i explained that, as an example, when my Nan's husband died he left my Nan his house and some money. He got the jist and i thought no more about it. My mum was looking after my two when i was a bridesmaid recently and she took them to my nans for a bit. Whilst there, my delightful Et turned to my nan and said 'My mummy says you're worth lots of money, can i have some?' ....... again, thanks for that child!!! Luckily she thought is was highly amusing and said maybe when she dies lol.

3, I had lots of moments when i was breastfeeding Eryn that my boobs leaked through the pads and on to my clothes.... that was embarassing!!!

4, When Ethan was younger (2/3) he used to call himself Adam..... i have no idea why, we don't even know anyone called Adam, but when someone asked him his name he would say Adam.... lol..... People used to look at us very strangely when i'd be calling him Ethan, and then Adam, then Ethan again...

Hmmmmm, i'm sure there are a million more, but my mind has well and truly gone blank!
Right, suppose i'd best sort myself out for uni, have a good week everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. great post! sorry but the vagina story did make me laugh lots!!!

    ReplyDelete