Monday 13 September 2010

Just Blog It!

I'd like to start this week off by saying a massive thank you to the ladies who shared their mental health stories last week, I really wasnt sure how that whole topic would go down so its much appreciated!! I've just realised it was supposed to be Becki's topic this week but I forgot to ask her if she had any ideas as the weekend just flew by so I think I'll just give you all a break this week and we'll just blog and Becki can take over again next week!

I've had a pretty busy week, as I said last Monday the kids are back at school so its been back to early mornings! To be honest, as much as I dislike having to get up so early it actually makes life a bit easier as once I'm up and washed etc. I feel fine anyway and once I've dropped Bart and Lisa off me and little Maggie can get up to whatever as we are ready for the day. (Got to love the Simpsons reference there, I should have really named my kids after them!!) I have had a week of nightmare mornings though, Wednesday, Courtney went to put her brand new shoes on for the second day and they broke, Thursday it poured with rain and I didnt have the rain cover so Stew had to come back from work to take the kids to school as I obviously couldnt take Lucie out (its days like those I really need to be able to drive - must book lessons soon!) and every other day we were either really rushed or late. Today was much more successful though, even though I was still super tired when I got up. We were out of the house at 8.30 on the dot and when I got to the bus stop to go to town the bus was there waiting for me! I met up with Netmummy Jessica and her bootiful baby boy Billy and we grabbed a bit of brekkie in Debenhams. Yum! I also Bought Courtney some new school shoes and even got a pair for myself :).

I've also been feeling really unusual lately. I'm sure some people will disagree with this but I typed my symtoms, which include feeling dizzy and faint, nausea, abdominal cramps (NOT pregnant before anyone says!!) a stiff neck and generally feeling odd, it came up with a multitude of ailments ranging from migraine to heart attack(!!) but I concluded that it must be something called Labyrithitis which is something to do with your middle ear as it matched all of my sypmtoms and it also said that its common after a cold (or flu), which I had had recently. It basically said (that if it is indeed that) it would just clear up on its own but as I still feel really strange I think I'm going to go to the doctors anyway just to be on the safe side. I'm sure its nothing, I am still standing afer all!

When I first started this blog I intended it to be a video blog (vlog) or to incorporate vlogs into it as well and I actually made a video at the weekend so if anyone is interested in seeing me blabbering nonsense and generally making a fool of myself you can check it out on my YouTube channel, the link to which is in the sidebar. (I apologise for the awful camera quality!) My aim now is to make a collab channel similar to this blog to run alongside it so if anyone owns a webcam and wants to take part please let me know. I am a member of the vlogging group on BMB so I'm going to ask there too so watch this space!!

I recently took on the role of Chairmum for Southsea Netmums and I have my first meetup on Saturday so I am very excited to see who (if anyone!) turns up. I have had a few people interested that dont attend the Portsmouth meetups because they have children at school so hopefully it will go well. Again, please let me know if you live in the Portsmouth and Southsea area and wish to attend :) Wish me luck!! We also have Taylor and Finleys birthday party at Krazy Kaves later that day so will be another busy weekend!

I feel inundated with birthdays at the moment, Courtney had two parties at the weekend, Brett has one on Friday and then the boys on Saturday. Luckily I love buying presents and always manage to find a bargain! Only 15 weeks until Christmas apparently (read it on someones Facebook status the other day!). I cant wait to start shopping but I'm just saving the money at the moment as I bought Courtney a couple of Disney dolls and couldnt wait for her to have them so I was naughty and gave them to her straight away! This way I can just go out and hopefully get the bulk of it done but with three children of my own, hubby, 16 nieces and nephews to buy for as well as my Mum and Dad and other miscellaneous family members to buy for its going to be quite a feat!

Well I'm sure Lucie buggle will be waking up soon as she's been asleep over two hours. Bless her she must have needed it!

Have a great week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment