Thursday 23 September 2010

hmmmmm really don't know what i'm doing!!!

Hi ladies, I hope you're all having a great week, and just want to say welcome to our newbies :D

Well, what a week!!! i think I've been through every emotion known to man! Scared, excited, nervous, denial to name but a few!! i never imagined becoming a student could be soooooo physically draining!! and I've not really learnt anything yet! Leaving Eryn with the childminder on Monday was awful, she just cried an cried..... and apparently she's just been really grizzly every day :'( i feel like the worst mum in the world, and I'm soooo bloody knackered when i get home i just don't want to do anything :( It's been, errrrr, interesting at uni.... mainly interesting because i have absolutely no idea what they are banging on about!!!!! on Tuesday i panicked and convinced myself that I've chosen the wrong subject!!!!!! but I've since found that I'm not the only one who hasn't done a psychology A level so I'm not the only one who knows bugger all :) but I've definitely got my work cut out. Ethan seems pretty ok though, which is great so its just Eryn I've got to be concerned about. She starts nursery on Monday so more change for her :( I've got a mouth full of ulcers, and one on my tonsil of all places, a sore throat and generally feel like crap..... not a good week really :(

Anyway back to the weeks events.... Friday night Ben, the boys, Eryn and I went to 'the shed' (i know, I'm there again!!) and saw a great band.... but they were so young the couldn't get served at the bar! lol.... but they're music was fab..... but i don't actually remember much - talk about bad parents but both Ben and i were hammered! :S terrible i know, and it was only the next day that Ben announced that he always buys me doubles- hence why i always get soooo drunk..... not amused!
Saturday, after my head stopped pounding i went shopping..... I HATE SHOPPING!!!! but i decided i needed some new clothes for uni, oh and a book lol....but i ended up spending more money on Eryn than i did on myself (and i got bits for Et too) talk about Mummy Guilt.... she has now got some beautiful new clothes ;) Ben took Josh and Harry to watch Southampton play, which they loved, although it was a draw ;) It was Harry's first game and he was sooooo excited bless him.... oh, he got into a fight at school this week (he's only been there a week!!) and managed to split the other lad's lip :( but in his defence the other kid hit him first and he was defending his 'girlfriend' ;)....
Sunday we went to my nan's for 'afternoon tea' where my delightful family basically told me that going to uni is a complete waste of time, that it's a cop out and the only reason i got a place is because i was a single mum and they needed to fill their quota..... great, thanks for that!!!!! i can always rely on my family for support when i need it........
Tuesday night my wonderful die-hard-saints-fan-boyfriend took Ethan to watch POMPEY play at home!!! I'm so grateful :D bless Ben, he is wonderful :D Ethan loved it! he's been before but he was a lot younger and cant remember it, so it was lovely that Ben took him. And last night Ben and i went on 'a date' My friend Laura and her hubby came over to babysit, and they were both petrified, but the kids were asleep and stayed that way. We only went to Gunwharf for a bit, had dinner and went bowling (and i got a student discount!! :) ) but it was soooooooooooooo nice to be out, without the kids, and not at some one's wedding! lol
We've got the boys all this weekend and I'm not quite sure what were up to. My friend's son is having a birthday party on Saturday that we're going to, but that's all we're doing so far.... I'm hoping the weather picks up a bit because, well, we're skint (Ben started his new job on Monday and has gone from weekly to monthly pay- so no wages for a month eeekkk!!)so I'm hoping to be able to go to the park or something.

This weeks topic.... well, when Ethan was little he'd have home-cooked meals every single day, but as he's got older I've relaxed a bit more. He loves his fruit and is pretty good with veg, and i do cook things from scratch at least 5 times a week. But, since Ben, Friday's is 'junk-food-Friday' where the kids have something like pizza, nuggets etc and we have a take away (although not for the next month- it will be soup and bread i think lol) and i do keep things like dippers and fish fingers in the freezer 'just in case'. I don't buy chips or waffles etc. The way i look at it is it's just as quick to bung a potato in the microwave or boil some pasta as it is cook chips in the oven. Ethan doesn't really like chips, and his favourite meal is macaroni cheese (home cooked, not out a tin!) and Eryn will eat pasta till it comes out her ears (and she doesn't really like potato!) Ethan used to eat things like lentils and cous cous and rice when he was little, but wont now, but Eryn loves rice and cous cous lol. Eryn, much to my dismay, was a madame with her food- and even now she wont eat anything (except weetabix) off a spoon!! so she never had purees, and just finger-fed herself. I really didn't want to do the baby-led weaning, but that's what it ended up being! lol.... but she eats pretty much anything, except potato's, and as long as it's not on a spoon.... weird baby! lol....

Right, i've rambled on again, so i'll leave it there, have fun everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi noelemc, well done you, keep your chin up with the studying - it will be worth it! well that's what I keep telling myself! as I'm going back to studying too! eek! so maybe we can swap some supporting words every week too! signed up for a 12 week taster course with the open university and have a feeling even though it's a taster I maybe well over my head in squiggy mud!!!!

    ReplyDelete