Monday 27 September 2010

Shoeboxes! Tiddles! Mommytube!


Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is the only word I cant think of to describe today. I should have known Lucies transformation to dream baby wouldn't last. Is it teething? Is it separation anxiety? Who knows? All I know is she doesn't like being indoors, she doesn't like going out, she doesn't want her bottles and is just basically being a moo. I'm on tenterhooks right now as she has finally gone to sleep (courtesy of Super Dad) and is stirring in her chair at the slightest movement. It wont last long so I shall be brief. (Or try).

Had a pretty good week last week. Actually a really fab week. The weather was gorgeous and I definitely made the most of it. Every day after school I took the kids to either Milton Park or Canoe Lake. My friend Emma and her daughter Phoebe who is in Brett's year at school came on Monday (we ended up staying for over two hours) and Tuesday. The kids brought their swim gear and had a blast running around in the 'tiddles' water jets. On Wednesday the lovely Elly and her little man Jacob joined us at Canoe Lake and the kids had a lovely play as usual. Jacob thought it weather appropriate to just lose the clothes altogether, bless him.

Sunday night we went to see a wrestling show in Gosport. Stew had five tickets so we took Taylor too and poor Lauren looked after my 'gorgeous little screamer'! She said she was better this time though, albeit crying for the first two hours. We all had a good time at the show anyway, although one particular match was VERY bizarre with two seemingly bisexual wrestlers making passes at audience members (male and female - and myself included which Stew wasn't very impressed about!)and talking about showering together and rubbing baby lotion on each other as well as performing some very questionable wrestling manoeuvres. We left before the last match as it was getting late

As most of you know, I do usually post earlier on a Monday but there are three reasons why this is coming to you a bit later this particular day. Firstly I spent the morning in town buying goodies to put in my Operation Christmas Child shoebox (more on this in my personal blog - link in sidebar) and some general shopping bits. Town stresses me out, I was all alone (boo hoo) shops make me panicky and to top it off I had Lucifer screaming in my ear. I actually have to go back in the morning to collect my shoeboxes and a few bits I didn't get today but I'll make it a quick trip. Then, as Lucie was finally asleep when I got back I posted my first MommyTube video!!! It actually took me about four takes as my webcam only connects through Facebook or Youtube, I cant seem to access it otherwise, so therefore can't edit, but I think I did ok! Please check the channel out if you have a moment! And then as I've said Lucie has just been a terror the rest of the day!

Well I'm off to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End with hubby now - we've been re watching the series and I must say it has captured more of my interest than it did the first time I saw it.

Have a great week xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi - well done on the vblog - you were very good, and a very hot topic for us here in rural norfolk, just because we live in a village poo still needs to be picked up as well!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought it was cleaner up North, especially in a smaller village in a rural area! Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete