Saturday 18 September 2010

5am Is Not a Nice to Time to Be Up

I'm not used to this early morning rising lark. Freyja has been sleeping through the night for so long, that the early morning days have been long gone. Until this morning, when, after a 7 hour shift at work (finishing at 2am) I had to get up again, at 5am, to take my gorgeous fiancé and my precious Freyja to the airport. They are off to France for 4 days today, without me *sob* - in fact they are there by now, so I'm hoping Freyja was the lovely well behaved toddler she can be, rather than the not-so-well-behaved part-demon she chooses to be on several occasions.

Anyway, my week has been fairly uneventful - other than having visits from a couple of bunches of friends during the week, I've been taking advantage of the dry weather and getting my mountain of washing done. I didn't realise we had this much stuff! I worked Friday night/Saturday night/Sunday night last week - which is nice when you see the pay packet roll in, but knackering at the time. I love working there though, so I can't complain, and it seems as though the boss' are happy with me being back working for them. Worked again last night, which was crazy-busy - we had an offer night, where rum was 99p, so you can imagine the amount of people we got through the door. Today, I'm working again - this time it's Southsea Fest, an annual charity music festival that goes on in various venues around Southsea - the Deco being one of them this year. We're hosting some of the alternative/metal bands, so I'm going down a bit earlier than my shift starts to watch some of them before I start having to run around like an idiot. I've got nothing better to do with my day, so I may as well!

It's weird not having James & Freyja here - I'm at a bit of a loose end. Today isn't so bad, because I have stuff to do, but Sunday to Tuesday, I have no plans at all - if I don't make any, this house is going to spring-cleaned to the max - James isn't going to know what's hit him when he comes home!!

Anyway, time to continue drinking my naff cup of tea - we have no milk, so I'm using skimmed milk powder. Ack. Then I think I'm going to pop into town for a bit, then head to work. Have a lovely week ladies xx

1 comment: