Monday 26 July 2010

wow, my baby girl is one :S xx

cor, this is the 1st time I've sat down since Friday!! Friday was the first day of the summer hols for Ethan, and I really made the most of the morning by actually doing nothing! (we didnt even get dressed till gone midday!! lol) My cousin popped over with her youngest so I spent the moring having a good old catch up and playing with the kids. It was then a mad dash to Asda (which was HEAVING!!) to do a quick shop for the party stuff for saturday..... then my boyfriend's two boys came over, Et (Ethan) went to his dads and we set about the party preperations- lots of jelly and cake making, putting up banners etc. Stupidly I decided to have a 'couple' of drinks- er, didnt feel great Saturday morning!! But Ben took all the kids out for an hour so I could get the house ready and then the 'guests' arrived- it was only my two cousins and their kids, but it was suitably noisy and lots of fun- how Eryn managed to sleep through some of it i dont know- she doesnt sleep that well at night!! lol.... After the party we went up to Southampton (where Ben lives) for his parent's wedding anniversary party- 34 years they've been married!! I really admire people that can stay married like that- my marriage only lasted 5 MONTHS!! - very young and very stupid - that's my excuse anyway.... so yeah, bbq at Ben's aunt and uncles- I got to meet his cousins and their hubbys- and they got to meet Eryn which was lovely.... hmmmm re-reading that it must seem strange they've not met her before... it's a long story, and maybe once I get to know you a bit better i migfht explain it.... ;) lol. After that we went to Ben's parents for more celebrations, and I ended up rather drunk, dancing with his dad and singing to Take That with his mum.... Great night- altho another hangover on Sunday.... lol
Sunday afternoon we went to my Nan's as she was doing a little birthday tea for our princess- that was lovely, although my brother was, once again, being an arse to me.... the joys of teenagers eh??
And then this morning.... ohhhh, I still cannot believe my little miracle girl is ONE!!!! She woke up just after 6 and I took her into bed with me for a feed and a cuddle- she's come down with a cold and she fell back asleep till 8.30! She just had a really bemused look on her face when i took her down stairs and tried to get her to open her presents- she wasn't really interested to begin with, and wanted to play with something my mum got her and she'd opened yesterday, but then she (well I) unwrapped her main present- a rocking horse :D well, it's actually a unicorn, but it's beautiful and she loves it :) she got really excited and then wanted to play with everything. Bless her heart <3
We all went up to the longdown activity farm for the day, which was really lovely, and Eryn just kept saying DUCK all day long to the ducks and the chickens. She poked a baby chick in the eye and had her dress eaten by a goat and thoroughly enjoyed herself :) as did we all. The boys really enjoyed handlnig all the animals, and it wasn't too busy so we weren't rushed along.... it was bloody hot though!!
All in all a lovely weekend. I've had a few 'wobbly moments' today- getting way too emotional about Eryn turning one- it's the end of an era for me i think.... but a new one is just starting i suppose..... Little madame still won't walk more than a couple of steps- she can take 3 completely unaided and then when she realises what she's doing she freaks and still down to do the 'bum shuffle'It's highly amusing the way she gets around! People always comment on it, it started out like a half crawl half shuffle, but it's not either now, it's just, wel i dont know how to describe it- I just call it 'the Eryn' lol......
Right, that's it from me till Thursday.... that's my new day, have fun xx

No comments:

Post a Comment