Thursday 22 July 2010

And the madness begins......

Me again today.... I could rabbit on forever with what's been going on this week but I won't bore you with all the details!
I'm really struggling this week- I'm finding very difficult to come to terms with the fact my little miricle baby is going to be 1 on Monday..... and I know just how ridiculous that sounds, but, well, I'm just not ready for her not to be a baby anymore..... I was nearly in tears buying her birthday cards today..... plus the fact that her walking is really coming along- 3 steps on her own yesterday!!! I'm soooo proud, but know it marks an end of an era. She is the baby I was told I'd never have and I know being 1 doesn't change that, but it does mean she's not a baby..... I'm just being stupid I think. Anyways, we're having a funfilled wekend with 2 birthday parties, and then a trip to Manor farm on her actual birthday, so I'm kinda looking forward to that :)

Oh oh oh, Ethan broke up from school today :O 6 weeks off and I have absolutely nothing planned, except a vague idea of camping a couple of times- so if anyone has any (cheap) suggestions please please let me know. That's the problem with a big age gap, it's hard to find things to do to keep them both entertained

I've also been looking after my 'darling' brother this week, that's been, errr, great.... sense the sarcasm????.... he's 14 but a cocky little sod who spend the whole time insulting me and/or Eryn/Ethan, so I've decided I'm not having him tomorrow- he'll just have to stay home on his own for theday while my mum and step-dad are at work. My step-dad works in a school that breaks up tomorrow so it's only one day, and they won't look after my children so I refuse to feel guilty! lol.

oh I've got a question..... what age do you think it's acceptaable to leave your child with someone else overnight? Ethan was 16months, and I only left him because it was my wedding night!! My mum reckons Eryn is too young, and made me feel extremly guilty for wanting a night off..... she's only been sleeping through for a couple of months and I'm still breastfeeding, but surely I deserve a break every now and then? (like once a year!) I've only left her for one day when I was a bridesmaid- so about 16hours, and another day when I had food poisoning and my cousin looked after her for a couple of hours, and I suppose she is still quite dependant on me- but if I don't do it soon Ill probably never do it..... oh I don't know, but if you've got an opinion I'd love to hear it :D

Right, that's me about done I think, it will be a short post saturday 'cause we'll be realy busy, we'll I'll be crying celebrating my 'all grown up' girl's birthday.... lol xx

1 comment:

  1. I've already left Lucie overnight! And she was fine for my mum :) I suppose the whole leaving Eryn overnight thing goes hand in hand with not wanting her to grow up so quickly but I think as sad as it is to 'let go' even for a night, it'd be great for you to have a night to yourself! You can leave some expressed milk but as I never have time to express Lucie just has formula if I have to leave her. Hope Eryn has a great party weekend :D xxx

    ReplyDelete