Tuesday 20 July 2010

Hmmm....Lost Cause?

Hey, its Liz again today, I havent heard from Sarah so I'm going to do a post just in case she forgets/cant be bothered/is busy, whatever!! As excited as everyone was with this idea last week when I brought it up, it seems a couple of the girls are a bit less enthusiastic now although maybe its because, as I said before, there have been some problems getting everyone registered and logged on. Well there are 7 of us, we should have predicted this!

Anyway, I've had a good day today, been to the Netmums meetup at Krazy Kaves with fellow 7yummys Lilli, Katie and Naomi along with a couple of other group regulars Lisa and Ainsley and newbie Miriam. Lucie was being particularly sociable for the first hour or so of the session and had a nice walk about with Lilli who she seemed to really like and then a cuddle with Naomi which she was less happy about but that was only because Naomi was sat down! She definitely prefers to walk about and be nosey! Lilli and Naomi took their boys on the big slide which I would of loved to have done with Lucie, only she was asleep and I was wearing a dress! Do I overuse my exclamation marks?!!!

I almost managed to offend Katie with an off the cuff rant about Next childrens clothing. I bought Lucie a lovely bundle of summer dresses from Ebay (every new mums nemesis) and I happened to notice the dress from that bundle I put her in today was from Next and I felt like a bit of a sheep. See, I have nothing against the clothes or the brand itself really but I just find not only does pretty much everyone when they become a parent decide to dress their children in Next clothing, but the majority of said parents seem to think this makes them kind of high and mighty. ITS A HIGH STREET STORE!!! So anyway, no offence to anyone who does dress their children in Next clothing, (including Katie lol, Oliver always looks gorgeous :D) even I like the odd spree in the Gunwharf outlet store. But if you want to brag about your choice of childrens clothing brands, choose one worth bragging about such as Catimini, Scotch and Soda or even Monsoon (all personal favorites of mine - sale section people!!) And dont even get me started on CLARKS SHOES!

I got Courtneys Foundation Stage profile today, she has done really well in her first year at school and is especially excelling in Maths, Science and Physical Development (PE pretty much!). It astounds me how well my clever clever kids do at school sometimes - they certainly dont get it from me! Brett is getting a special acheivement award on Thursday, he's not supposed to know about it but I accidently told him last week when I saw the letter...oops. I dont know what its for yet but he got one in year R for being kind and considerate and one in year 1 for his writing X-D. But going back to Courtneys report, it has pictures of different activities they've been doing all year and one science project was "what happens to an ice cube when its tied to a tree?"!! How random! I'm sure not alot would of happened if it was back in our ice-riddled January, but it probably wouldnt last long at the moment, its soooo hot!

I'm trying to remember doing any really random science projects when I was at school? If anybody has any please comment!!! Or just random school projects in general. Speaking of school I have a ten year reunion Saturday night! Well thats if I ever get around to asking my mum if she can babysit. Noele was in my year at school too but I'm not sure if she's going. Anyway should be fun, I think only 20 or so of us are going, just for a general meetup in a pub, but will be interesting to see how some people have changed... Speaking of which, I saw a girl in Krazy Kaves the other week who wasnt the nicest person in school but happily said hello to me (I wouldnt of even recognised her to be honest). I guess it goes to show how much people change and grow up.

So thats about all I have for today, madam will be waking up soon. Today is a great day to be a mum because I love meeting up with all my 'mummy' friends and lovely kids for coffee, chat and fun! And also because I have amazingly bright clever children :D So I guess thats two reasons!

Have a great week xxx

2 comments:

  1. i'm still enthusiastic! :D mainly 'cause I'm famous for my ability to waffle on for hours about anything ;) lol
    Re the Next rant- the people who design and make Next clothes are the same that design and make George- so my children get a lot of theeir clothes from Asda- very similar designs, just half the price :)
    I don't remember doing any projects at primary school- except on the Tudors, the Egyptians and the Plague.... hoping they still get taught the same because I can actually remember quite a lot of it! I'm not going to the 10yr reunion, aving left in Yr 8 I won't know hardly anyone! and, it's the second of Eryn's birthday parties that day so I'll probably be knackered..... still can't believe my little munchkin is one on Monday!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know that about the clothes! Interesting fact for the day. I think Brett did some work on the Tudors in year 2, they will probably do alot more history etc in Juniors. I'll be sure to give Eryn a birthday shout out in Mondays post :D xx

    ReplyDelete