Sunday 18 July 2010

Hi all,

My name is Noele, although most people call me Nolly and I’m mummy to two little darlings, ;) Ethan, who’s 6 and Eryn who is very nearly 1. I’m currently a stay at home mum, but I’m starting university in September- so life is gonna change quite a lot for all of us! I’m dreading putting Eryn into childcare, and I’m really concerned about the work load- but at the same time I’m sooo looking forward to having some ‘me time’ (albeit in a lecture hall full of 100 other students!) and being Noele/Nolly instead of just mummy all the time......

We've had a hetic weekend so far, my boyfriend's other two children are here for the weekend, Josh who's nearly 8 and Harry who is 4, and last night I babysat my two nieces too, so I had a house full of 6 children- fine if you're used to it- but well, I'm not!! We all had a lovely time, but I quickly learned that putting toppings for icecreams in the middle of the table for them to do their own just ends in a bit sticky mess! Then I had a wake up call of 'Auntie Nolly, Auntie Nolly' from my youngest niece (3) at 3.40am 'cause she'd thrown up- in my bed, and all over her and her sister's duvets.....nice.....(why is it that kids are always sick or wet the bed when they're away from home????) I'd just got back to sleep after sorting her out and then the baby woke up at 5am.... and the other 5 descended on my sleeping place (blow up bed on the frontroom floor) half hour later..... needless to say it's been a long day!!

After lunch me, Eryn and the boys went down to Portsmouth Museum to see the Alien Exhibition, which was great, a bit small but it's free so ya cant complain too much :) and then had a stroll down to the seafront, followed by 2 hours in the park :) Fish and chip supper, followed by the four kids flaking one by one..... although the boys are currently playing Hungry Hippos in their room rather than sleeping- where they get their energy from is beyond me, but I could certainly do with some of it!

Off to the Royal Armouries tomorrow- again, a free day out..... :) xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your entry Noele, great start :) Sonuds like you've been a busy bee lol look forward to hearing all that you and your family have been up to next week!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete