Monday 19 July 2010

I've got two words for ya - 'Excuse Me!!!'

Hello there and welcome to the week :) We've got off to a fab start with Noele and Lillis weekend posts, although just getting everyone set up on the blog has been quite a mission and I'm still missing a couple of authors but with any luck it will all be sorted sometime this week!! I have alot to talk about this first week so I guess I'll get started!

I'm currently sitting watching High School Musical 3 with Courtney. She hasnt been very well so is home from school today. It started on Saturday, we had popped into town to get some shopping (obviously lol) and I decided to take the kids to McDonalds for tea as a treat. We were standing in the queue and one of the staff asked us to move to the end till where the girl serving was preparing the previous customers food and taking her bloody time about it! Anyway, I've looked up and poor Court is just throwing up all over the floor! I just looked on in shock as it came on so suddenly, there had been absoloutely no indication she was even feeling unwell. After a second of this thinking "Oh my God, what do I do?" I told a member of staff who went and got the mop and bucket while I quickly got Courtney into the disabled toilet, leaving a little trail of vomit on her way! Then after apologising my heart out to the poor girl cleaning up my daughters sick, rushed my little tribe out and home as quickly as I could! Those poor people that were eating their dinners lol, at least it was by the tills in the corner and not in the middle of the restaurant it did pong!!

Court was sick a few more times at home, mostly in a bowl but I did have to change her bed sheets twice! My poor washing machine was going non-stop. Then Sunday she seemed fine, she had some toast for breakfast and even a McDonalds later on, (Stews idea not mine!) but this morning she was sick again and as the school has a 24 hour sickness policy I thought it best to keep her home. She seems OK now, but we'll see how she goes...

As I said, there had been no signs of her being unwell that day, some members of the local council had a gazebo set up on the green where we live with face painting and a colouring competition for the kids so we went along to that. Brett had his face painted as some kind of green monster thing and Courtney had a pretty glittery butterfly. They each got given a balloon and a cup of sweeties too :). While I was there I was talking to another parent and this is one of the things I wanted to bring up today as whenever I talk to this particular person (or rather get talked at) I get the feeling that they are not at all interested in anything I have to say, so much so that they actually cut me off mid-sentence and totally change the subject!! I was talking about this with my sister when she popped round Saturday night and was like OMG its not only just ridiculously rude, but its like "if you dont want to listen to what I have to say, dont talk to me!!" Our dad does it too, our own dad of all people! I think it especially bothers me as when I did the Homestart course a couple of years back we did a whole session on listening and there were points like 'you are not listening to me if you are already thinking of your repsonse when I'm talking' and 'you are not listening if you jump in with your own experiences'. Even now when I'm having a conversation with someone I'm always aware of those points (there were lots more like them) and I do try really hard to listen to people when they talk as I know all too well what its like to be ignored. It did make me laugh when I was telling my sister this though and she kept interrupting on purpose purely to wind me up - cow lol.

Well I'd better go as Lucie is filling her nappy as we speak and I've driveled on for long enough. Please feel free to comment on anything I've talked about today, I'd especially like to hear peoples opinions on the listening subject. I did have more to write about but that can wait for next week I think!!

Today is a great day to be a mum because I'm sat on the sofa having a Disney marathon with my two gorgeous girlies :)

Have a great week, look forward to hearing from Sarah tomorrow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment