Thursday 29 July 2010

argh panic...... so much for my grand plan!!!

Right, rant! I'm starting uni in sept(was supposed to start last year but i deferred because of the baby) I've always wanted to go to uni, and it seemed like a great idea, I was working in a school- which i hated but it made sense because i got the school holidays off so i figured, go to evening college to get some qualifications, then go to uni, do a degree and still get the hols off with Ethan. I assumed that a fulltime course would still be less hours than i was working (32) so i'd have more time at home etc... well, i've just spoken to the uni about the timetables for sept as i need to arrange childcare for both Ethan and Eryn, and apparently it's looking like i'll be there everyday- and that lectures can go on till 8pm!!!!!! 8pm!?!?!? im thinking about my bed by that time! argh...... the only thing they can confirm is that i wont be at uni on a wednesday afternoon, 'cause they dont teach then..... and i wont get my timetable till i start!!!!! how on earth are people supposed to get childcare sorted/ work part time etc if they dont know what they are doing until the day they actually start!!!?????!!!!! grrrrr...... well annoyed!!!!! rant over....

anyway, other than that..... after last weekends hetic goings on, ive been soooo knackered i havent wanted to do much. My dad tookm Et swimming on Tuesday and he actually managed to swim! :D i was sooooo proud, I've been trying to teach him since day dot, but he doesnt bloody listen to me (no change there then!) but he is really scared of my dad (dont really know why, he just is, and my dad is crap at the grandparenting lark- he's got 9 grandkids but doesnt know most of their names! just calls them all babes or mate!!! grrrr) But being scared of him does mean he will do what he's told when he's there so its helpful sometimes lol

Yesterday we went to baby group, EThan was less than impressed by the idea, but i told him the holiday cant just be about him, and he actually quite enjoyed himself :)
and today we had a trip to the Adventure playground and some kids from his school were there so he played with them.

Tonight I'm going out!!!! well, round to my friends house, so not really out.... but im really excited because i cant remember the last time i went round a friend's in the evening without the kids in tow!!! lol

And tomorrow night we're camping with Ben and his boys :) only the one night and only to Hayling, but it's a night away for us all :)

Right, till next week..... have fun xx

1 comment:

  1. Lol your dad sounds alot like mine, he has trouble remembering OUR names and then theres 15 grandkids too xxx

    ReplyDelete