Saturday 6 November 2010

Where's this Week Gone?

I'm confused... only 4 of us seem to be doing a weekly post?

Anyway, what have we been up to... Not much really, the weather has been a bit psychotic, so we've not ventured far.

I worked on Saturday night, and we went out all dress up on Sunday (check out the pictures on my personal blog: http://www.metalmummy.co.uk/2010/11/halloween-zombily-grotesque/) We had an awesome night, it wasn't as busy as it had been the previous 2 nights, but it was still good. My contact lenses looked awesome, although trying to see in them was quite difficult!

Mum stayed here over the weekend, and left on Monday. James was off on Monday too, which was nice. I worked that evening, complete with semi-brushed out back-combed hair. It was a really quiet night, so after doing a load of cleaning, I left at about 10:30.

On Tuesday, we popped over to see my friend and her 2 girls. It's lovely going over there for a brew, and Freyja can play. When I say play, I really mean squabble, but her and my friends daughter do get on a lot of the time. The problem is that they are both so strong willed and stubborn. They kind of need eachother to knock eachother down a peg or two. It's amusing to watch.

Wednesday didn't involve much at all. On Thursday I had to wait in for 3 deliveries - the Tesco shop, our new tumble dryer (present from mum for Xmas) and Freyja's main Xmas present (a toy kitchen). My hallway was full of boxes, it was such a mess! Well, it still is, but I'll get round to it. At least that's most of the Xmas shopping done - I like being organised, but the problem with doing it early for me, is that there's loads more weeks left before Xmas - i.e. more time to see things I like and want to buy, therefore spending more than I would normally. Damn.

We went to the library to enrol ourselves yesterday. It's a nice little library near us, and has a nice kid's section, and as Freyja is loving books, I thought it would be a good time to enrol her. She was good to start off with. We had a bit of a sing-a-long with the lady who works there, and Freyja loved copying the actions. Then it came to singing Old Macdonald, and we had loads of cuddly toy props, which Freyja did NOT want to let go of. So there she was, running riot around the library (which is meant to be quiet) with an arm full of pigs and cows and the other arm grasping onto Farmer Macdonald for dear life. When I took them off her, the demon erupted. She threw a massive wobbler, in the middle of the library, ran under the library counter and started pressing buttons, ran through the exit (when I was trying to check books out) and tried to escape onto the road, threw herself onto the floor in a paddy and then wouldn't get into the pram without a fight. Christ almighty, it was horrendous. Looking back, I was kind of brave (or stupid) taking her in there in the first place.

I worked last night, and was put in charge of cashing up. It's nice having a bit of extra responsibility, but a pain in the arse counting loads of change. It did get me out of cleaning the bar down though!

This weekend we don't have much planned for. James has just taken Freyja to the shops to do some Xmas shopping, so I'm just getting some housework done. He's off to Airsoft tomorrow too, so I'l find something to occupy ourselves!

Have a good week x

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! yes I wondered we everyone was! I took my two to the library and they did much the same thing - but they did it on the Mobile library that visits the village so havent been back for a long few months!!!!! glad your xmas shopping is going well - it's a good kick up the b*m for me to get going saw somewhere only 48 days left!!!!! - have a good week mummyrella x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I'm not sure what's going on really. I just blog! :) I'm glad I'm organised with my xmas shopping - the only problem is bcause I'm organised so early, there's lots of weeks in between which I'll see things I want to buy in, so I'll end up spending more than I'd originally planned!
    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, if you think you're disorganised you should hurry over here, this is real chaos! Sounds like Freyja is keeping you on your toes though, just keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete