Friday 5 November 2010

How do you organise yourselves?


I wish someone would invent a planner that you could insert into your brain. I’m forgetting so much at the moment!

I’ve always been a list freak, but this week takes the biscuit. Unfortunately, I have so many lists that I don’t know which one to look at.

I do envy people who seem to be able to take everything in their stride and just remember *everything*. I feel like a whirling dervish this week.


I’m starting to remember days of the week by the activities that are happening. After-school dance club? It must be Thursday. Karate? It must be Monday (this is new, however, so has yet to find a place in my befuddled brain). Piano lessons and gymnastics? Ah, yes, it’s a Friday.

I’ve tried putting key days/dates etc in my phone, but as it isn’t a smartphone (and its owner isn’t that smart either) it never alerts me to what I have carefully inputted. And, yes, I have looked at the instructions.

The children just think it’s hilarious that I flap about so much and my other half just rolls his eyes in amusement.

But they don’t know what it’s like, do they?

We work, look after the children and all the rest of it. I won’t say I have to do all the cooking and cleaning, though, as that is shared. Nevertheless, it’s no wonder we sometimes feel mentally exhausted.

How do you organised women do it? I want to know your secrets. Come on, now. Don’t be shy: tell me how you stay organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment