Saturday 13 November 2010

Edging Closer to Xmas

There's 42 days til Christmas (or so eBay tells me...) - and I'm quite impressed with how organised I am. I have done most of the shopping - there's only a few little bits left, and I've just lugged a load of wrapping paper all around town, so I'm going to spend this afternoon wrapping up stuff. Freyja and James have buggered off to Somerset for the day/night so I'm all on my lonesome - an ideal time to wrap their stuff up without them noseying at what they are!

This week has been quite a nice one (minus the crappy weather). I worked at the weekend - James went airsofting on Sunday dressed in a suit, and got shot in the head. Good times. I worked that evening, and monday evening too. On Tuesday, my friend and her 2 girls popped over for a brew which was nice. James and Freyja went to his boss' birthday thing in the evening - Freyja can be such a dirty stop out! I stayed in, as I was shattered from working all weekend and just fancied slobbing out watching crap telly. On Wednesday, I drove us over to Bognor Regis to see one of my old schoolfriends - I'd never driven to Bognor before, so had no idea where I was going, but managed to find my way there to be welcomed with a brew - That's always nice! In the evening, James went to a gig at the Wedgewood Rooms and I went to the cinema with one of my friends to see Saw 3D whilst his girlfriend stayed at mine to babysit Freyja. It was a good film, but not as good as the others (I have a bit of an obsession with the Saw franchise), and my eyes were hurting by the end of it, because where we sat wasn't the easiest to appreciate 3D films, and I struggled to focus. Good film though. On Thursday, my friend and her daughter popped over in the morning for a cuppa, and we chatted and caught up. In the evening, my best friend and her boyfriend popped over and we watched the first episode of the new FX series "The Walking Dead" - it's awesome! Can't wait to watch the next one, which was shown last night, but I haven't had chance to watch it. Yesterday, a friend and I were supposed to be going to the Devil's Punchbowl, but we stayed in instead. She came over in the morning and we had a lovely afternoon of chatting, watching CBeebies (couldn't find the remote) and a bit of Jeremy Kyle. Fun Fun. I worked yesterday evening - I was given full responsibility for the back bar, glasses, cashing up, float, and delegating of tasks - basically being a manager. It was cool! And I handled it easily. Simple pimple.

James and Freyja are on their way to Somerset now for his aunt's birthday. I couldn't go because I'm working tonight, so I've just got in from town, and I'm going to watch some TV whilst doing some wrapping up. Working tomorrow night too, but I'm looking forward to Monday because it's our anniversary and we're going to 8 Kings Road for a fancy meal. Ooo err.

Have a lovely week x

1 comment: