Saturday 20 November 2010

One for the Romantics

This week has been one for the romantics.

On Monday, it was our 3 year anniversary of getting together, so we went out for a lovely meal at 8 Kings Road (The Brasserie) in Southsea. It was a lovely meal - couldn't fault a thing, and I left feeling thoroughly stuffed. It was so nice in the restaurant - we were the only ones there, as it was a Monday, so we had exclusive service. The décor was lovely too, with chandeliers and huge flower arrangements and awesome mood lighting. It was really really nice.

We went over to Keydells on Tuesday. How have I never been here before? I've been to Garsons in Fareham, which is awesome, but never ventured into Horndean. Freyja loved it in this garden centre. There was so much to see, and she loved the displays. She was slightly terrified of the Santa mannequin though - I wanted to get a picture of her with him, but she just clung onto me for dear life. I bought a few baubles to put on our tree (when I put it up) and Freyja's first stocking (even though not that many of her presents will fit in it...) I'm going back again on Thursday with my other friend so she can buy some Xmas decorations. I love shopping for Xmas decorations!

We went to see a pre-school on Thursday. We have decided that Freyja needs something like that. She enjoys seeing her little baby friends and playing at home, but I don't think it's constant or constructive enough. We went to see St James' preschool along Milton Road, as they accept toddlers from the age of 2. Freyja's 2 in April, so we went to see it to put her name down. It seems really nice in there - loads of keyworkers and loads of happy children. As soon as we got there, Freyja got stuck in and played with the building blocks, building loads of towers and then followed some of the other children to join in with a sing song. She was really sociable and not intimidated at all. I think we're on to a winner! We are going to put her name down for 2 afternoon sessions a week - it's reasonably priced, and will definitely help her (and me).

On Friday, we went to a wedding in Salisbury. It was my boss' wedding, and he chose an absolutely beautiful venue. It was at Old Wardour Castle in Tisbury, followed by a meal at the Premier Inn in Salisbury. The castle was stunning. It reminded me a little of our chosen venue (when we can eventually afford it) - it was so romantic and picturesque and Nichola (the bride) looked wonderful. It was a really nice day and Freyja was a dream, considering she was awake for about 14 hours.

It's been an eventful but relaxing week, and we've had lots of fun. My personal blog has been coming along leaps and bounds too, so who knows what'll be happening next with that! I have a few product reviews to be completed, and I'm featuring as a guest blogger at some point over the next few weeks on another popular mummy blog. I'm enjoying it!

Have a good week xx

2 comments:

  1. you lucky bugger! doing reviews - how did you manage that - tell me all! happy anniversary! my two have birthdays in april too - maybe we will have to meet sooner and have one big party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know how I managed it! I got an email of a PR woman who sent me some stuff, and it went from there! Not got that many things to review - not as much as some of the bloggers on BMB!
    Oooo I'm always up for a party! When in April are they? X

    ReplyDelete