Sunday 7 November 2010

I must, I must I must improve my patience!

Second rewrite of first sentence – I was going to say my age is catching up with me but NO on a positive note – it has just been a very very busy week again in the mummyrella household! Mr M has been on call all week so this has left me to do everything and I can say how hard it has been and I give great praise to all those single parents out there that have to do this week after week after week.  It didn’t help that I had to travel into the office everyday Mon-Thursday which was an 86 mile round trip.  I think the kids found it a bit hard too not seeing daddy for about 72 hours straight, but they were kept busy and son was having difficulty adjusting to the clocks going back anyway and was asleep on the sofa everynight by 7pm.
This year the kids enjoyed the fireworks from afar as last year they found it a bit daunting and getting used to their new routine as we only had became a family 3 months earlier – I take this point to raise National Adoption Week – I caught up with a few of the programmes on the tv and one on Radio 4, they bought memories flooding back to me of all the anguish, frustration and impatience of waiting to be assessed, interrogated, approved and matched that we had to go through and then all the joy, love, completeness and happiness of having our two wonderful children coming to join us. I cannot compare this to a pregnancy or childbirth, but I take that part of our family journey as being that.
The other reason for staying in for fireworks also was to be at home for the dog – poor Poppy Dog she is only 4 ½ but she seems to fear them more and more each year and the DAP plug in doesn’t seem to do much either, not sure what to try next year.
Had a fab time on Saturday at my Nephews birthday party, yes I know we enjoyed spending the day with him on his actual birthday but we also enjoyed bouncing on the bouncy castle and meeting all his friends a big HIGH FIVE to “L” who was 5 – may the force by with you My Nephew!
Then today I spent an hour and half!!!! In kwik fit whilst they replaced my tyre as I had a screw in it and it had gone flat – but don’t men dawdle when they work!!  It was like watching a kettle boil – it was like it was never going to be finished  -  I must be more patient – but when you have a mountain of ironing to do, the shopping, the cooking, the Course Work and reading to finish I need more hours in my weekend!!!!!
Just a final note to say thanks to a few friends that I have caught up with this week, the welsh, the one at 26 FRoad, the sister-in-law’s sister and the colleague. Hope you enjoy the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment