Sunday 12 December 2010

Tis the season - nearly there now!

Busy Busy again and managing to get round the snow and ice – although we still have a little bit left on the field! 

Kids started the week with a snotty cold, before I had my kids I used to be Brown Owl to 30 little girls aged 7-10 and one thing I could not stand was snotty nosed children, and now have my own – I still can’t stand the sight! As soon as one of them sneezes I’m like a woman possessed – “who sneezed, who was it? Have you got a runny nose?” and I’m there with the tissues – If I’m driving – well I just don’t know how I manage until I can turn round and wipe it!

They have been brave little soldiers though – as I have tried to carry on – dosed up with a bit of calpol and that seems to have kept them going, although very very tired after their two days at nursery and as husband was on call and not coming home till late – tea time and bath and bed time was a huge struggle, the noise that two very children make when so tired is unbelievable I just didn’t realise, but we got there!

Friday was a day to try and relax but get things done and we delivered 4 bags of clothes that I have been holding onto “just in case I put the weight back on” to age uk, and finding a bulb for the oven light.  

Saturday has been the best day by far – we got to go to the zoo, see Father Christmas and watch the Pantomime all within 5 hours!

We went to Colchester Zoo to celebrate my friends little girls 3rd Birthday and whilst it was still only about six degrees, the kids had fun running around seeing all the different animals.  The kids were playing in the play area and this [approximately] 8-9 year old boy decided to belch just as I past him and even though his mother was there I still said very loudly “I beg your pardon” He and I was so shocked when I said it, I think I just went into mummy mode!

We stayed the night at my mum’s as I didn’t fancy the 2 hour drive home in the dark and it was just an hour to hers – the plan was to bring her back for last minute Christmas shopping, but she had a little trip down the stairs and needed to rest so I’m going on my own to the outlet centre Springfields in Spalding so should get a few bargains.

We arrived home Sunday afternoon to husband putting last minute touches to our outside light decorations – we just have the rope lights showing the outline of the house – which looks really pretty as we only have one street light down the road and so it looks all sparkly and festive.  Inside decorations will go up next weekend and hopefully there will be a tree left somewhere for us to purchase – I like the smell of a real one!

Kids have their first Nativity Play this week, which I’m sure will be a tear jerker, we have been learning the songs, no lines and no costumes to make!

Have a good week all and  happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment