Thursday 9 December 2010

too much to do!!

hi mummies,
sorry I've not posted for the last couple of weeks, but well, super super busy as usual!
I have finished my Christmas shopping!!! well, I'm at the point where if it's not been bought it's not going to be!! ;) nah, we've pretty much nailed the kids Xmas lists (much to my dismay) and we've spent a FORTUNE! :( next year, it will be different!!!! I'm allowing it this year as it's our first Xmas altogether :) and for a bar-humbug like me it's amazing, because for the first time, EVER, I'm actually really excited about December 25th..... not sure when my loathing began, but i always disliked the run up to Xmas as a child because of my name.... lol
I've wrapped about 120 presents, and ive still got about 3 more to do, which i keep putting off! lol..... decorations are up, four advent calenders hung on the wall (plus 4 cardboard ones) altho i didn't even think of getting one for Ben or myself.... oh well, always next year!
So, what's been happening?? snowed under with uni work as per usual, although our tutor group report got a 2:1!!!! we were all sooooo happy, and it's kicked me up the bum to carry on--- altho I'm now panicking because I've set myself a standard.... hmmmm

Kids are doing great, Eryn starts her new uni in Jan, and altho she's turning into a right little madam, she's being super-cute at the same time. She's at the point where she knows what she wants but cant communicate it, so throws a wobbly instead :S She had an appointment at the hospital 'cause the health visitor thought she had clicky hips, she was soooo brave (braver than me) when she went for the x-ray. All came back clear (which means that i was right to think she was just weird when she used to scoot around on her bum in a half shuffle half crawl fashion) so that was a great relief!

Ethan was Joseph in the school play, bless him..... he was soooo miserable! lol, but just soooo Ethan! He very much enjoyed the snow (unlike me, i hate that too!) and is having a fab time at swimming and Beavers :D

Josh and Harry are good too, Josh is also Joseph in his school nativity.... and Harry is an alien.... not quite sure how that's Incorporated into the story of Xmas, but I'm hoping to hear all about it after Ben sees it next week :)

They've been hard work recently (all of them I mean) don't know why, but very much hoping things will settle down soon!!

Our beloved 'Hank the Tank' broke down on Sunday, in bloody Bournemouth of all places! so we had to get my cousin's other half to rescue Ben (thankfully me and the kids were at home) and well, he was gone most of the day and all evening :( hoping to have the car back today though, it's too cold to be walking miles everyday! Lucky we got a warranty when we bought it so we don't have to pay for the repair!

We went to see Jack and the Beanstalk at the Kings last night. It was the first time Josh and Harry had been to a panto and we all had a fabulous time! We were offered the chance for one of the boys to go on stage at the end but none of them wanted to do it :'( and i was too old apparently :( lol

Oh we babysat my 'nephew' on Saturday night! it was soooo weird having a tiny 6 week old baby to cuddle.... and i did cuddle him, ALL NIGHT because every time i put him down he screamed! (his mum assured me he sleeps through! lol) I loved having him, but it did make me wonder how i coped alone when Eryn was tiny.... just goes to show that no matter what, you just get on with it... and how quickly you forget... And it was amazing to see Ben with him! He was absolutely loving it! Baby was asleep in his pram in the front room with us from 7-10 and Ben was up every 5 mins checking on him! and then he offered to feed him, and hold him- even at 4.30am..... Made me realise what i missed out on from not having him around when Eryn was born.... the wonders of hindsight eh?

But Ben has his very own baby now! Reggie the Rabbit.... Reggie the house rabbit.... during Ben's week off he decided to get a rabbit, i agreed as long as he takes full responsibility for it (i know, i sound like a mum! lol) I have to admit, he is very cute, and he's got an indoor cage and we only let him out in the evenings.... so kind of a house rabbit, but if Ben's happy I'm happy.... lol

Right, that's about it from me, im supposed to be finishing my report on Pedestrian Behaviour.... oh the joys....
Hope every one's ok! xx

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmm lots of mums have been going on about aliens at their nativity plays - yes I would like to know how they fit in too!!! glad to see that you are well and keeping busy mummyrella xx

    ReplyDelete