Friday 3 December 2010

The one in which I apologise

I am so sorry (although I bet you didn’t miss me) – but I completely forgot to blog these past two Fridays.

It’s a rather busy time of year, isn’t it? And that’s my excuse.

I have been combining work/motherly duties with Christmas shopping and must admit that this year – more than ever – the interweb has been my friend. I have not actually been to one shop, but I have 90 per cent of the gift-buying done.

I have also booked my grocery shopping to be delivered.

So how smug am I?

Well, not much, to be honest. There’s still plenty to do, of course.

This week all children’s activities have been put on hold while we get over the snow (which I’ve just about had enough of now, thank you), although daughter starts a new gymnastics club tonight so we have to get there – even if it means a two-hour journey home!

I was so proud of her this week as she did her Grade 1 piano exam and got a merit – just two points off a distinction, too! – so all the hard work paid off. Son has the same exam in March, so he’ll be competitive enough to try to beat her *sigh*.

Tonight we have the dreaded primary school Christmas fair. Having chaired the PTFA for a year, I can tell you it’s far more enjoyable being behind a stall than in front of one – I predict chaos. As son has made a biscuit, which will be sold there, we have to go so we can buy it. I won’t be there for long: I try to approach it as a SWAT team would, with a quick recce and out again before I spend too much (I always do on the raffle).

Tomorrow the village I live in is holding its Victorian fair, which should be lovely with snow on the ground – v Dickensian. It also means it will be biting cold, so I hope the shops will be giving away their samples of tea and coffee to us!

Hope all is well with everyone in 7Yummymummies land!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jayne, glad to hear you are ok, hope the Victorian Fair went well Mummyrella x

    ReplyDelete